|VilmaTech Onlione Support and this website |
should not be mistakenly taken to be
associated, affiliated, sponsored
or owned by voicefive’s creator
The provision of information
and solution is
the one and only intent.
Voicefive popup talked here refers to
- ar.voicefive.com (offers coupons, discount and random ads)
- b.voicefive.com (ask people to download files like rs.js, working just like dpx.js i.simpli.fi)
What Is Voicefive?
Voicefive popup is a promotion tool. It comes in as an advertising form as well as a file downloading form to publish certain products for both its creator and online operators that it has cooperative ties with.
Many PC users call it as a virus, spyware and malware due to the fact that voicefive never shrinks back when facing up with conventional removal ways. Actually, it is just a PUP applying some tricks to achieve aggressive promotion in the age of competitive online market.
Anyone Knows If Voicefive Is A Risk?
Remember that all voicefive wants is money – by recording browsing history, it manages to help its creator to know where to put ads effective to obtain potential business for money; by collecting traffic aggressively from a machine to resell to other operators who need it. However, things go athwart.
It is easy to build another PUP like voice five to help generate money. Therefore such popup is not strictly built. Loose structure owns bugs and that would alleviate the infiltration by infections on the Internet. Once any attack has been done to the target machine harassed by voicefive, BHO and JS technologies will be utilized to
- preload vicious codes into system configurations to enable automatic start.
- record log-in credentials and any stored information to lead to identity theft and information loss.
How Do I Stop Voicefive?
- Clearing history, cache, and cookies, running disk file clean up and rebooting the PC but nothing is helping to stop voicefive popup ad.
- Running scans in an attempt to remove and stop voice five (ar.voicefive.com/ b.voicefive.com) fails.
- Enabling pop-up blocker would only block the content but not stop the window from popping up.
Explicit Steps to Help Remove and Stop Voicefive Popup
1. remove voicefive's extension.
Tools > Manage add-ons > ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ > remove voicefive's extension > ‘Search Providers’ > remove voicefive's extension.
Tools > Options > ‘Extension’ > remove voicefive's extension > ‘Plugins’ panel > remove voicefive's extension.
Spanner icon > "Tools" > ‘Extensions’ > remove voicefive's extension.
Opera menu > Extensions > Manage Extensions > remove voicefive's extension.
Safari Menu > Preferences > extensions tab > remove voicefive's extension.
2. use popup blocker to stop voicefive popup.
Tools > Options > Privacy tab > “Block pop-ups” > stop voicefive from popping up.
Tools > Options > Web features button > block voicefive from popping up.
Tool menu > Options > “Under the Hood” tab > “Content Settings” > “Pop-ups” > “Exceptions” > rule out voicefive popup.
Opera’s menu > “settings” > “Preference” > General tab > “Pop-up” > “Block Unwanted Pop-ups” > OK button.
“Safari” > “Preference”>“Security” tab > check “Block pop-up windows".
3. modify hosts files to block voicefive popup.
Win+R key combination > type CMD > hit Enter key > type "ping ar.voicefive.com" and "ping b.voicefive.com" respectively > Enter key > note down the IP address for voicefive popup > navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc > click open Hosts file > paste the IP address to the last line > save file.
Mac OS X
Finder launchpad icon > Utilities > Terminal > type "ping ar.voicefive.com" and "ping b.voicefive.com" respectively > Enter/Return key > note down the IP address for voicefive popup > shift+command+g key combination > type “etc” (/private/etc/hosts) > Enter/Return key > click open Hosts file > paste the IP address to the last line > save it to modify host file.
4.End voicefive's running process.
Access Task Manager > View > select columns > tick "PID" and "Path name" > go to open up System Information > end the process with path name directing to voicefive's path.
Mac OS X
Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor > click open the suspected processes > "Open ports and files" > end the process with path name directing to voicefive's path.
VoiceFive Popup Scenario
- Click on the X of voice five (ar.voicefive.com/ b.voicefive.com) popup will redirect victims to other sites.
- VoiceFive increases in frequency to ruin surfing experience.
- Additional programs and web applications might be caught to install onto a machine without knowledge and permission.
- The overall PC performance is degrading somehow.
- It takes longer to load a complete web page.
Can Anti-virus Program Prevent VoiceFive Popup?
Yes to some extent. People should be well informed that anti-virus programs pick up and cope with virus according to virulent code. Without the code, they are not going to take actions. However, anti-virus programs are necessary to ward of infections in daily life.
Anti-virus programs are able to prevent voice five (ar.voicefive.com/ b.voicefive.com) popup when they block the access to some dangerous sites. But they can’t interfere the ways from which PC users choose to surf the internet or install a third-party program. Therefore, good PC practice is the key to prevent voicefive popup.
PUP – Wikipedia
Backdoor - Wikipedia