Monday, March 31, 2014
Dllhost.exe is the component to run COM+ so as to drive web and FTP server. It is created to manage DLL for the coordination among build-in controls, drivers, software and hardware, so that the system will be able to resist malicious infiltration. To put it plain, dllhost.exe will occur when running security utilities and dealing with connections.
The information chart is enough to answer the question as to “is dllhost.exe a virus”. However, the below scenarios do make PC users concerned:
Saturday, March 29, 2014
What Tumri.net Pops up For?
Tumri.net is actually an advertising platform publishing ads to gain revenue. It once gained approximately $15 million in 2009 before it applies rogue methods to stay on people’s computers. It can be inferred that Tumri Inc. earns a lot more nowadays with the tricks to stick to computers:
Friday, March 28, 2014
- Every now and then on some sites a little download notification pops up bellow saying I need to download the file "dpx.js" from the domain "i.simpli.fi".
- As I've been going through notifications I have several times had a bar pop up at the bottom of my screen asking this:
Do you want to open or save dpx.js (4.39) KB from i.simpli.fi?
I see it is hosted at a website called 4shared. Uploaded by someone with a name of eng.melshafie. No information is given about the file.
- Do not click on the popup message.
- Quick removal.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
New Trick by Council of Europe Virus
How Dangerous Council of Europe Virus Is?
It is believed that the dangers of ransomware have long been reported. Yet there are still people submit the non-existent ransom to the hackers in a hope that the PC will be unblocked and files will be retrieved. As a matter of fact, there are ways to unblock PC and retrieve files since there’s no complex encryption. One should believe in the tech nowadays. Quick removal is highly recommended, or the below listed problems could ruin your day even after the Council of Europe virus being removed:
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- Both browser and computer become tardy in response.
- Additional web applications are installed without permission and knowledge.
- Endless and countless pop-up ads emerge to ruin surfing experience.
- CPU is hogged unbelievably to degrade the overall PC performance.
- Browser may crash.
Why Xeesearch.com Cannot Be RemovedIt can be removed but not automatically. Xeesearch.com is not technically a virus, therefore, no removal threads stored in virus reservoir that fit it for automatic removal. Then questions would pour out; it is believed that the frequently asked question is “if xeesearch.com is not a virus, then how it sticks around”.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
‘First of all i am not computer literate at all so i will try my best to explain as best as possible when i start my computer i have a pop that states Attention 5988 errors are slowing down your computer, would you like to register isharpsoft registry cleaner Pro , I have searched and searched but i cannot remove this software i have tried on safe mode and ran malware remover with no success it did find some other type files which where successfully deleted'.
It has been widely accepted that SmartPCFix (Smart PC Fix) is a rogue security application or at least nasty software to ruin PC performance rather than fix PC problems as its name suggests. Some say that SmartPCFix is a fake registry cleaner program while some would be willing to download it from CNET or Softonic for whatever reasons. But as what Global PC Support Center suggests, it is safer to uninstall SmartPCFix for the below reasons:
Monday, March 24, 2014
Your BitCrypt ID:
All necessary files on your PC (photos, documents, data bases and other) were encoded with a unique RSA-100. Decoding of your files ins only possible by a special program that is unique for each BitCrypt ID. Specialist from the computer repair services and anti-virus labs won’t be able to help you. In order to receive the program decryptor you need to follow this link…
Remember, the faster you act the more chances to recover your files undamaged.”
BitCrypt is an encryption utility that would conceal all documents on a target machine within a bitmap image; whereupon, all files would manifest them with extra extensions, such as blabla.jpg.bitcrypt, or blabla.xls.bitcrypt. By encrypting files, BitCrypt ransomware could make profitable income for its author as 0.4 BTC (about $220) is required for each decipher.
BitCrypt Is Easily Broken?
There were some articles reporting that BitCrypt was easily broken since some big mistake had been found by the hacker and claiming that a 128-byte key (1024 bits) was planned to be generated, but instead a 128-digit number was finally generated. It seems to be exciting to hear that “the cado-nfs tool has been used to obtain the encryption key. The experts have also published a Python script that’s designed to restore the encrypted files”; however, words spread. The hacker got to learn about it and quickly pushed a second variant into the market to continue his/her work. One can easily see that the solution to the first variant fails.
Friday, March 21, 2014
CryptoDefense is another encryption software in the wake of Cryptolocker. It employs almost the same way to encrypt the document and data on a target machine:
CryptoDefense acquires RSA public key from its remote control server when its vicious codes is injected by a supportive worm. A new AES key will be consequently generated to encrypt almost all types of files including .jpg. In other word, the encrypted documents are locked down with two keys. One of them can be deciphered by a private key which can be accessed on its controller and the other is in the hand of CryptoDefense’ author.
If one hands over money, the hacker would ask the victim to download certain browser and get the private key him/herself. Once the key it typed on the locked down computer, the hacker would remotely control the machine and use another key to finally decipher the documents, if the hacker keeps his/her words. Therefore, the decipher means has not yet been mastered. But it is necessary to remove CryptoDefense’ vicious code from the computer to prevent further damage.
Damages by CryptoDefenseAsking for BitCoin is its main goal. To ensure the income, some damages should be made concretely. By preloading its virulent code into boot sector and overwriting concerning drivers, CryptoDefense manages to run right before Windows displays its desktop, making it futile to dodge CryptoDefense by simply rebooting the affected computer or by enabling Task Manager. Drivers regarding security utilities are also disabled by CryptoDefense; plus complex SHA shell, CryptoDefense is capable of hindering any modifications of its core files and data, so that the evil deeds can be guaranteed. When drivers, tools to communicate between hardware and software for a better operation, are disabled or maliciously modified, mechanical problems, dysfunctions and malfunctions would be incurred:
Thursday, March 20, 2014
CoolWebSearch is an adware that once ranged in 2005 and detected by AVG. So far according to the observations, Adware.CoolWebSearch attacks Windows platforms only. Though as an adware, CoolWebSearch manages to give rise to the following problems:
- Computer runs slow in general.
- Hourglass lingers longer than usual on desktop and Windows explorer.
- Random pop-ups occur to ruin surfing experience.
- Additional items are detected after its installation, including "shoppingwizard","offer optimizer", and "CasProg".
- Adware.CoolWebSearch would sometimes even prevent searching.
- The adware makes installed anti-virus programs keep sending warnings every couple hours that the computer is at risk.
Is Adware.CoolWebSearch Virus?
What HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic Does?
- Disables Automatic update by overwriting relevant drivers.
HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic can affect any connected device and generate autorun.inf for automatic affection and propagation.
- The worm would affect system running processes to confuse installed security utilities and escape automatic removal.
- HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic connects designated web sites to download additional malicious items and generates Root.exe in scripts folder under “web” category (utilized to execute commands remotely), which would finally result in unauthorized access and direct control.
- The worm utilizes shortcut vulnerability to automatically run virulent items whose extension can be .lnk and.dll.
- DNS setting will be manipulated because of VBScript technology, leading to browser hijacking(e.g. isearch.babylon.com)or redirecting problem.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Is Isearch.babylon.com Virus?
Isearch.babylon.com is an accessory of Babylon translation tool. It is no more than a traffic exchanging site to intercept traffic and help promote its translation products. Usually speaking, downloading and installing relevant products or third-party programs would result in Isearch.babylon.com hijacking. It is not technically a virus though it employs rogue deeds such as replacing default homepage and search engine without permission and keeping directing people to commercial sites.
Reasons of Isearch.babylon.com Resisting Automatic Removal
Security utilities are created to detect and remove infections by finding malicious attribute code. Since Isearch.babylon.com is not a virus at all, anti-virus programs are not able to help remove it automatically even though it is hijacking browsers and causing problems:
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W Vicious Characters
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W hooks APIs to access DataBase or computer hardware concerning pivotal components such as security service.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W downloads and executes additional modules from the C&C server (rtttt-windows.com C& C domain has been detected).
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W works in multithreading mode to communicate with the malicious driver and sends an encrypted buffer to the driver to be written in hidden storage and injected into processes.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W offers botnet for rent to earn money.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W contains a URL address and uses HTTP protocol in the communication.
Why Anti-virus Program Won’t Remove Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W is roughly categorized as Trojan; it possesses high secluded performance:
Brief Websearch.searchinweb.info Introduction
Type: Browser Hijacker
System infected: Windows and Mac OS X
Consequences: information theft and additional mechanical damages
- Websearch.searchinweb.info replaces default homepage, captures new tabs, changes default search engine.
- Websearch.searchinweb.info offers results with URLs started with its domain.
- The search results are primarily directing to commercial sites.
- It takes longer for a browser to respond request.
Why Would I Have Websearch.searchinweb.info?
Most PC users don’t know the exact reason for being hijacked by websearch.searchinweb.info and say that the hijacker appears all of a sudden. Actually, there are reasons for everything and not all are visible and noticeable. Technicians from Global PC Support Center would like to list down some dissemination routine to your reference so that more precautions will be taken in the future to block such scenario:
Tursted(sic).net Affection Example
When you click on a link, the link is intercepted by an invisible frame and sending you to a tailored sub-domain determined by whatever site you are using at the time. For example, if you click on a reddit comment link, you will be sent to http://reddit.tursted.net and if it is an imgur link, you will be sent to http://imgur.tursted.net.
Other (domain).tursted(sic).net Redirect Problems
Click.cpvdr.com InformationClick.cpvdr.com is a popup adware that would settles in hyperlinks injected on some in-text messages. It should be made clear that Click.cpvdr.com is not a virus, instead, it is a rogue adware that adopts BHO and JS technology to stick to a target machine and prevent conventional removal. People consider click.cpvdr.com a virus mostly due to its appearance together with virus like trust.net hijacker. As a matter of fact, it is no more than an advertising platform to help promote sales in a rogue manner.
What Click.cpvdr.com Implies?
Monday, March 17, 2014
- “Database is corrupt” keep appearing in the middle of operation.
- Lots of error messages have been found to block proper runnings and to tell that something is blocking the FTP ports.
- Settings have been changed to proxy settings.
- Dialer.RapidBlaster shuts down scanning by security utilities before the scan is completed.
- It takes much time to open up browsers harassed by Dialer.RapidBlaster.
- The computer is running like a snail.
Sunday, March 16, 2014
As more people gaining intensified interest in Malaysia Plane #MH370 and hoping that the plane will be found, hackers fake a piece of news about it to trap for clicks so that innocent PC users will download virus themselves willingly and unwittingly. Though the numbers of FaceBook user is expected to surpass that of Google Plus user (read more), Facebook still stands as the most influential and the fastest spreading media tool in the world. That’s why hackers target FaceBook and post this hot issue there in an attempt to get as more information as possible for money generation in a large number within a short period of time.
Friday, March 14, 2014
- Rsearch.ShopAtHome.com redirects victims to commercial sites frequently.
- Rsearch.ShopAtHome.com hijacks default homepage.
- Rsearch.ShopAtHome.com changes default search engine.
- Rsearch.ShopAtHome.com arouses multiple running processes such as system.exe or winlogon.exe to hog CPU, leading to sluggish PC performance.
What Rsearch.ShopAtHome.com Actually Does?
It is bad to hear that ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak virus, one of the top 10 ransomware scams in 2013 stages a comeback with much more intrusive characteristics:
- ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak virus would sometimes display white screen after several reboots.
- ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak virus attacks any external device and hides up its driver.
- ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak virus blocks System Restore by modifying concerning drivers.
ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak Virus Is FakeIt is worth the mentioning that ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak locking down page is totally fake as there are still some victims would rather believe that’s true and pay for the virus with large sum of money in exchange of nothing. ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak virus belongs to ransomware which is geared by Trojan horse so that language settings can be collected and the counterfeit lock down warning will be displayed accordingly and vividly to defraud credibility, which implies that the hardest hit area United States is not the only target of ICE Cyber Crime Center MoneyPak virus, all countries around the world are under its radar.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Feed.helperbar.com Is DangerousThe destinations of feed.helperbar.com redirect virus are always snap.do including feed.snapdo.com and isearch.babylon.com. Obviously, feed.helperbar.com is trying to help with hijacking and it is attempting to introduce in additional infections. With more and more infections being injected into a single system to implement vicious manipulation, memory leak can be anticipated and PC performance will be decreased steeply, resulting in a series of problems as listed below:
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Ways to Tell if Misleading.FakeAV Is False Positive
Misleading.FakeAV has been recently reported by various anti-virus programs in the middle of the operation. Yet some people cannot find the detected path (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\chrome.exe&Debugger, [date]) or related items in local disk. Therefore, some people consider that Misleading.FakeAV alert can be false positive. Global PC Support Center would like to advise the way to rule of the possibility of false positive:
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Tuvaro (tuvaro.com) homepage hijacker has been alive on the Internet for quite a while; however, there’s still no sign of its sinking. Usually speaking, Tuvaro hijacks homepage, occupies each new tab and replaces default search engine when it has ever been detected. Without automatic way to deal with it, many victims consider Tuvaro (tuvaro.com) search redirect as a browser virus.
It is safe to say that Tuvaro search redirect is a traffic exchanging site rather than virus that affects concerning drivers, data files and other computer programs such as security utility.
Then why Tuvaro search redirect keeps hijacking? By manipulating DNS settings, tuvaro.com manages to take targets to the URLs it desires (sites that are written by its partners or its author), making it possible that the desirable links gain high ranking within a short period of time. This is why some redirecting issues happen when Tuvaro search redirect has been ever detected.
Well, sometimes tuvaro.com would simply stay silent. But it is possible for it to intercept traffic. If one looks closer, one should notice the difference between search results by tuvaro search redirect and those by Google. The most search results by Tuvaro search redirect are commercial sites and have loose relation to search query.
Is Tuvaro Search Redirect Dangerous?
Monday, March 10, 2014
Twunk_32.exe DefinitionTwunk_32.exe is not a system process. Published by Twain Working Group, twunk_32.exe is associated with twain 32 folder in C:\WINDOWS to deal with the communication between software and digital imaging devices.
Twunk_32.exe DoubtMost people would take Twunk_32.exe as virus for several reasons:
- Twunk_32.exe is not familiar to wide range of PC users.
- Twunk_32.exe is not Microsoft process.
- Twunk_32.exe has been flagged by installed anti-virus programs.
Thursday, March 6, 2014
‘I am going completely nuts. I have firefox 3 and IE8 beta for my browsers. Both crash all the time. I have reformatted my computer and the problem still presists. Can anybody help please. I have tried everything to clearing my cookies, cache, disk clean up, anti virus, spyware and finally reinstalling my windows disk. Still i have problems on all browers.’ – quote from one of the PC users who have browser crash problem.
It is wrong to consider that browser crash is caused exclusively by browser items. In effect, there are many more reasons to cause browser crash and some are beyond our control:
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Futurro Antivirus Software is a rogueware that pretends to be computer-friendly software to tackle down infections and browser malware. With unique and compact interface, Futurro Antivirus manages to win credit from wide range of PC users. However, the below behaviours will show it’s slip:
- Futurro Antivirus installs itself without knowledge and permission.
- Futurro Antivirus software automatically run scans at each Windows starts and it cannot be re-configured not to do so.
- Futurro Antivirus consumes plenty of CPU to result in a sluggish PC performance.
- Some detections cannot be found on the Internet and cannot be handled by itself.
- Register page is frequently accessed when trying to remove detection with Futurro Antivirus.
Savingsbull is classified as adware that has been detected by installed anti-virus programs and its files have been reported:
- C:Program Files (x86)\SavingsBull
- C:\Program Files\SavingsbullFilter.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
What Is Win32:BHO-ALX[Trj]?
Virus name always suggests its main task. ‘Win32’ indicates that the target OS is Windows, so Mac owners may just relax. ‘BHO’ is short for Browser Helper Object, which indicates that Win32:BHO-ALX[Trj] would arouse mess on browsers (IE/Opera/Chrome/Firefox/Safari). ‘[Trj]’ point out that the virus is categorized as Trojan horse and it is endowed with typical Trojan features such as opening up backdoor, collecting confidential information. ‘ALX’ is simply the code name for variation.
For now, we can inferred some evil deeds of Win32:BHO-ALX[Trj] and foresee the consequences of its affection:
Monday, March 3, 2014
Usually, Search Protect by Conduit will appear together with search.conduit.com as such application is published by conduit. LTD who claims that Search Protect by Conduit is capable of protecting the target machine from malware, malicious extensions and homepage hijacker. The fact is just on the contrary. As one victim reported ‘all my on-line searches came up empty with a DIY means’. Search Protect by Conduit would popup all of a sudden without authorization.
In effect, Search Protect by Conduit is technically classified as PUP that causes irritating issues:
- Search Protect by Conduit pops up a lot to ask for selection when the default homepage is not set as search.conduit.com.
- Search Protect by Conduit causes error message about Cltmng.exe file and Cltmngui.exe file.
- Search Protect by Conduit changes default homepage.