Is Isearch.babylon.com Virus?
Isearch.babylon.com is an accessory of Babylon translation tool. It is no more than a traffic exchanging site to intercept traffic and help promote its translation products. Usually speaking, downloading and installing relevant products or third-party programs would result in Isearch.babylon.com hijacking. It is not technically a virus though it employs rogue deeds such as replacing default homepage and search engine without permission and keeping directing people to commercial sites.
Reasons of Isearch.babylon.com Resisting Automatic Removal
Security utilities are created to detect and remove infections by finding malicious attribute code. Since Isearch.babylon.com is not a virus at all, anti-virus programs are not able to help remove it automatically even though it is hijacking browsers and causing problems:
Pop-up Ad: as a freeware, isearch.babylon.com needs fund to keep running; that’s why it carries random ads on its interface and additional pop-up ad can be anticipated before long.
More web applications: Babylon toolbar has been detected to be with isearch.babylon.com ever since the browser hijacker was detected; additional web applications would help with better sales promotion and thus more redirects can happen.
Error message could pop up: explorer.exe might be injected into running processes so that isearch.babylon.com could perfectly control the browsing behavior and destinations; be noted that explorer.exe is one of the system process. Exotic process would give rise to error issue due to conflict or incompatibility.
Browser crash and Highly consumed CPU: as a promotional tool, what isearch.babylon.com takes people to are mostly commercial sites with pictures; to display pictures requires plenty of CPU; besides, as a promotional tool, isearch.babylon.com is loosely programmed; therefore more CPU is required to complete its actions; browser crash would be incurred once such action is frequently requested.
It is recommended to remove isearch.babylon.com as soon as possible to prevent some unexpected issues also to keep computer healthy. Since isearch.babylon.com manages to dodge the automatic removal by installed security utilities, it is advisable to remove it with manual way. Below is the recommended way to execute the removal. Stick to the step if you are well equipped with computer knowledge since it is required to differentiate the vicious ones verisimilar to system items; otherwise, left pieces could call isearch.babylon.com back. Any help request will be immediately answered by Global PC Support Center if you click on the live chat button here.
Recommended Way to Remove Isearch.babylon.com from Windows and Mac OS X
1. remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension and set desirable homepage.
Internet Explorer - Tools Manage add-ons > remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension in ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and ‘Search Providers’ respectively > select the desirable search engine > press on “Set as Default” button.
Mozilla Firefox - Tools > Options > ‘Add-ons’ > remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension in ‘Extensions’ and ‘plugins’ respectively > Options again > General tab > type your favorite homepage URL in ‘Home Page’.
Google Chrome - spanner icon > "Tools" > ‘Extensions’ > remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension > spanner icon > “Settings” > Search section > type your favorite homepage URL in ‘Home Page’.
Opera - Opera menu > Extensions > Manage Extensions > remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension > Opera’s menu again > “settings” > “Preference” > General tab > locate “Home page” > type your favorite homepage URL in ‘Home Page’.
Safari - Safari Menu > Preferences > extensions tab > remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension > 'Safari' menu again > Help > Installed Plug > Ins & list > remove isearch.babylon.com’s extension > Preferences again > “General” tab > select desired search engine for “Default search engine”.
2. close out browsers and end isearch.babylon.com’s running processes
- Bring up Task Manager (Win8 users can find it in All Apps) and hit View tab to choose “Select Columns”.
- Tick “Image Path Name” and PID and keep Task Manager open.
- Bring up System Information (Start menu/Start Screen -> All programs/All Apps -> Accessories)
- Select System Tools and access System Information.
- Unfold Software Environment and choose Running Tasks to end suspicious processes according to the path name.
Mac OS X
- Click Spotlight and type Activity Monitor.
- Press enter/return key to open it.
- Right click the suspicious ones consuming plenty of CPU to select “Open files and ports”.
- End suspicious processes according to the path name.
3. remove items generated by isearch.babylon.com in Database.
- Access Database with “regedit” typed in Run box (enabled by Win+R key combination).
- Access the below given entries to find and remove keys related to isearch.babylon.com:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[the browser that has isearch.babylon.com]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\[the browser that has isearch.babylon.com]
Mac OS X
- Navigate to the below places to remove isearch.babylon.com.
/Safari/Help/Installed Plug/Ins & list
~/Library (in home folder)/Internet Plug-Ins/.
Isearch.babylon.com Is Dangerous
Reference: Tech Support to Remove Isearch.babylon.com and Restore Homepage