Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W Vicious Characters
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W hooks APIs to access DataBase or computer hardware concerning pivotal components such as security service.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W downloads and executes additional modules from the C&C server (rtttt-windows.com C& C domain has been detected).
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W works in multithreading mode to communicate with the malicious driver and sends an encrypted buffer to the driver to be written in hidden storage and injected into processes.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W offers botnet for rent to earn money.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W contains a URL address and uses HTTP protocol in the communication.
Why Anti-virus Program Won’t Remove Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W is roughly categorized as Trojan; it possesses high secluded performance:
- It implants System (S) and Hidden (H) attributes into its files and folders so that victims as well as security utilities will not be able to find and delete them before the penetration is finished.
- By overwritten drivers concerning security service mainly, Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W manages to inject executable and .dll files into system running processes such as explorer.exe or winlogon.exe in an attempt to confuse man-made security programs and victims with deficient computer knowledge.
- Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W would erase its original executable files right after the entire installation is finished.
Attention: The Trojan is specifically classified as Rovnix that uses VBR (Volume Boot Record) infection (NTFS bootstrap code) to load unsigned kernel-mode drivers windows platforms. Due to the fact that boot record does not belong to any disk, disk format will not help remove Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W thoroughly.
In sum, manual removal method is highly recommended to be adopted when removing Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W. Below is the professional instruction to follow up. Be noted that any mistake or deviation could incur more troubles. If you are not that technically sound, it is wise to get specialized technical help from Global PC Support Center.
Manual Way to Remove Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W
A – enter into Safe Mode to begin the removal.
- Restart the system to keep tapping on F8 functional key when the system is restarting.
- Choose “Safe Mode” when “Windows Advanced Options Menu” occurs.
- Hit Enter key.
- Restart the system to hold down Shift key and keep tapping on F8 functional key when the system is restarting.
- Choose ‘See advanced repair options’ >‘Troubleshoot’ >‘Advanced Options’ >‘Windows Startup Settings’ > hit “Restart” button to enter into Safe Mode.
B – repartition disks.
- Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management.
- Right click the volume that is affected by Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W and shrink it.
- Follow on-screen instruction to finish repartition.
C – low-level format the affected disk by Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W.
- connect the affected disk to your machine and wait for automatic identification.
- Execute dd command against the affected device.
“dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/<target device>”
- Wait until it finishes automatically, it could be up to several hours.
- Error messages would pop up to tell that some services or programs cannot be launched.
- Mess would emerge on browser including endless pop-ups, irritating hijacking and redirecting issues.
- Backdoor will be brought into being invisible to victims, leaving a fat chance for aggressive infections to implement infiltration.
- A lot more exotic items may be found on the local disk to considerably consume CPU, cause sluggish PC performance, weaken security service and browser crash.
Reference: Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W Can Be Removed - Global PC Support Center