Ways to Tell if Misleading.FakeAV Is False Positive
Misleading.FakeAV has been recently reported by various anti-virus programs in the middle of the operation. Yet some people cannot find the detected path (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\chrome.exe&Debugger, [date]) or related items in local disk. Therefore, some people consider that Misleading.FakeAV alert can be false positive. Global PC Support Center would like to advise the way to rule of the possibility of false positive:
1) right click on “My Computer”/”Computer” to bring up its “Property” window; browse to Advanced tab and press on “Error Reporting” button; finally tick “Disable error reporting” option.
2) add Misleading.FakeAV to white list of the installed anti-virus program to see if there are additional problems emerge thereafter. If warning alert keeps popping up or there are additional problems happen thereafter, Misleading.FakeAV is working on the target machine for its author who craves for money.
How Dangerous Is Misleading.FakeAV?
Virus name is always made according to its task and strength. You are right that Misleading.FakeAV comes along with fake anti-virus programs which is misleading. It should be noted that Misleading.FakeAV belongs to Trojan horse, apart from introducing in additional programs, it is capable of recording keystrokes and collect information. This is how a fake anti-virus program manages to get financial information after a target finishes registration.
What’s worse, Misleading.FakeAV is able to make a vulnerable machine as it overwrites drivers associated with security service and injects exotic items into a target machine, leading to a high probability to be taken advantage by other infections concealed in the internet. It is advisable to remove Misleading.FakeAV as soon as possible to safeguard your precious machine. Below is the self-help guide. Should you are not that technically sound, please do feel free to get security assistance from VilmaTech Online Support in case mistake is made unwittingly to complex the poor situation by Misleading.FakeAV.
Self-help Guide to Help Remove Misleading.FakeAV
Step1: end running processes related to Misleading.FakeAV.
- Display PID and Image Path Name on Task Manager before bringing up System Information window.
- Remove the running processes that fit the below criteria well:
a. Seek the running processes appear when Misleading.FakeAV and its problems are working and disappear when all programs are closed out.
b. Find out the running processes that consume plenty of CPU and do not belong to system.
Step2. remove vicious items generated by Misleading.FakeAV in Registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\chrome.exe&Debugger[date]
Misleading.FakeAV, FOLDER, C:\Users\teresa\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect, [random number]
Misleading.FakeAV, FOLDER, C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect, [random number]
Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\SearchProtect, [date]
Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\CltMngSvc, [date]
Step3. end startup item of certain program that is brought in by Misleading.FakeAV.
- Use Win+R key combination to type ‘MSCONFIG’ in its enabled text box.
- Hit Enter key and go to Startup tab in the pop-up window.
- Find related program’s startup item and press ‘Disable all’.
- Type ‘Task’ in search charm bar and hit Enter key to bring up a window.
- Browse to Startup and find related program’s startup item
- Press ‘Disable’.
- Error issue can happen to consume CPU as well as hinder proper operation.
- Additional items will be found to pile up in local disk to contribute a zombie machine.
- Browser redirect issue can be anticipated after Misleading.FakeAV has been detected.