|VilmaTech Onlione Support and this website|
should not be mistakenly taken to be
associated, affiliated, sponsored
or owned by api.paltip.com’s creator
or distributors. The provision of information
and solution is the one and only intent.
What Is Rpcss.dll?
Rpcss.dll is a dynamic link library file called remote procedure call subsystem. Obviously, it takes care of the web section. Usually, rpcss.dll is created in the middle of the installation of OS and placed under C:WindowsSystem for Windows 95/98/Me, C:WINNTSystem32 for Windows NT/2000 and C:WindowsSystem32 for Windows XP.
Rpcss.dll Can Be Utilized by Virus
As a build-in system file, rpcss.dll becomes one of the targets by virus, just like svchost.exe. By harnessing rpcss.dll, Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 manages to:
- Avoid automatic removal by installed anti-virus programs.
- Enhance the elusiveness.
- Obtain chances to run when Windows asks rpcss.dll to run.
- Call subsystem to execute its commands for smooth and further damages, such as open up backdoor.
- Modify DNS sttings.
- Corrupt some system files.
- Disable security services.
Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll Scenario
- It takes longer for background executable files to run.
- Additional virus would be caught before long, zeroaccess virus particularly.
- Freezes and crashes would happen to both computer and browsers.
- Error messages would occur to telling that something’s not running/missing.
- Some functionality would disappear such as copy and paste.
- Sometimes there’s no access to the Internet.
How Does Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll Affects Computer?
Its name indicates the way to affect a machine. Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 mainly attacks 64 bit OS through the vulnerability within system or installed programs. This makes it a point to scan for vulnerability regularly and install/update patches for precaution and prevention.
Usually PC users who fit the below listed would very likely to be attacked by Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll:
- Lazy in updating system and installed programs.
- Use no extra attention when accessing some websites with luring content.
- No examination before access to some third-party program or online game website.
Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll’s Purpose
All Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll wants is money. Corrupting computer is not such a fun. By loading its keylogger, Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 is capable of recording accounts and passwords. Such information will be uploaded to its remote server for the cyber criminal backstage to steal money from the online bank directly, steal the account (online game account) especially or resell computer-gaming outfit for money. Therefore it is kind of hurry to remove the Trojan horse.
Persistent Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll
- Reinstall system.
- Run various anti-virus programs.
- Remove all executable files.
However, certain level of computer skill and virus knowledge is required to achieve a complete removal without its re-image when some system file (rpcss.dll) has been involved. If you are not that technically sound and run into some difficulties in the middle of the Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll removal, please do feel free to start a live chat with senior technician for one-to-one assistance according to your concrete situation.
Advanced Method to Remove Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll
A – Download rpcss.dll from reputable dll file download website onto the affected machine.
- When the dll file is downloaded, please right click on it.
- Select “add to archive” (use rar or 7-zip tool).
B – Enter into Safe Mode
- Restart the machine.
Windows 7/Vista/XP - Before its logo appears, please keep tapping on F8 key > highlight Safe Mode > Enter key.
Windows 8 - Hold the Shift button and keep tapping on the F8 key > ‘See advanced repair options’ > ‘Troubleshoot’ option >‘Advanced Options’ > ‘Windows Startup Settings’ > hit ‘Restart’.
- Access C:\Windows\System32 to remove rpcss.dll file there.
- Find the compressed rpcss.dll file and decompress it to C:\Windows\System32.
- Restart the computer.
|restart Windows 7/Vista/XP to remove Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll|
|restart Windows8 to remove Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 - rpcss.dll|
C - Access Database to make rectifications.
- navigate to the following entry and change its value to “NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService”.
- navigate to the following entry and change its value to “%SystemRoot%\system32 \rpcss.dll”.
Be noted that Trojan.Zekos.Patched64 is categorized as Trojan horse whose one of the capabilities is to open up backdoor for convenient communication with its remote server. Therefore, it gives fat chance for other infections to worm in. If it is the case that complex the entire situation, which makes you overwhelmed, you might need to go to virus reservoir for corresponding solution; or simply ask professionals from VilmaTech Online Support for quick fix.
Other Post You Might Be Interested In
Remove Win32/Patched rpcss.dll Virus (C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll)