Accelerator Pro Affection Scenario
- Accelerator Pro would run automatic scan at each Windows start, which slows down PC speed.
- Accelerator Pro would alert long list of problems.
- Accelerator Pro redirects PC users to counterfeit registration web site and asks them to fill the information on credit card details, name and the like.
Accelerator Pro Profile
Accelerator Pro has already been identified as a fake anti-virus program that filches the interface of a genuine Windows anti-virus program to cheat money. Its creator has pushed it aggressively on many spam advertising platforms and made a verisimilar registration site. With such luring name and the fine promises, many PC users have been fallen into its trap.
See How Accelerator Pro Worms in A Machine
Many PC users have been affected by the fake anti-virus program and most of them didn’t know how they got harassed by Accelerator Pro. Now let’s have a look at its dissemination routine for better precautions in the feature.
- Pushed on spam sites/advertising platforms; once access is made, Accelerator Pro would get into the connected system.
- Piggyback on some freeware/shareware that needs fund to keep operation; people who install such program in “recommended” manner would be held hostage by the fake anti-virus program.
- Exploit backdoor/bug/loophole/vulnerability; vulnerable computer being attacked by virus, possesses weak protection will be captured by the rogueware.
What Are the Dangers to Have Accelerator Pro?
Getting Accelerator Pro doesn’t mean losing money, it is also about getting additional infections and suffering from identity as well as money theft. How?
- Paying for the so called advanced/licensed version of Accelerator Pro will end up with nothing; the alerts will be there.
- As much CPU has been taken away by the fake anti-virus program to run automatically, launch unsolicited scan, display bogus registration site, the security service and utilities will be compromised not to help ward of infections.
- Since Accelerator Pro attacks vulnerable computers, it is easy for it to seek vulnerability so as to call background running processes for random modifications on security services, resulting in a weak security defense.
- To make a website, BHO, ActiveX and JS technologies are required and it goes the same to the counterfeit registration website; when JS technology is utilized maliciously, log-in credentials and other input information will be collected; in other word, the information one fill onto the form will be recorded including bank account and password.
Instruction to Show How to Remove Accelerator Pro
1.access registry editor and make modifications to remove Accelerator Pro.
a. navigate to the following entries respectively to find suspicious key value started with “Run” and delete accordingly.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Versionb.navigate to the following entries to remove related ones and remove Accelerator Pro’s vicious items.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Startup=”C:\windows\start menu\programs\startup
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe “(Default)” = “” [random]
2.end Accelerator Pro’s process.
Ctrl,+Alt+Delete (Windows 7/XP/Vista) key combination/ Ctrl + Shift + Esc(Windows 8) > Task Manager > View tab > “Select Columns”> “Image Path Name” and PID > see full path name > end the processes referring the location of Accelerator Pro.
3.uninstall Accelerator Pro from Control Panel, if any.
Windows 7/Vista/XP - Start menu > Control Panel > “Add/Remove Programs” > uninstall Accelerator Pro.
Windows 8 - “Unpin” button > ‘Control Panel’ > "Programs and Features" > uninstall Accelerator Pro.
4.open up random folder; search for and remove everything related to Accelerator Pro.
Before that, it is recommended to show hidden items.
Control panel > user accounts and family safety >Folder Options > view tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders’ > non-tick ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
Windows Explorer > view tab > tick ‘File name extensions’ > tick “hidden items”.
Next open up random folder and hit on Search icon, type "Accelerator Pro" in all the search blanks and hit Enter button so as to remove all the detection.
5. remove all temp files in local disk.
Win+ R key combination > Run box > type "%Temp%" > hit Enter key > get all temp files > removal all or the ones created recently together with Accelerator Pro.
Though Accelerator Pro is categorized as rigueware, it does similar as what Trojan horse does. Therefore, it is wrong to think little of it. Obviously, installed anti-virus programs are disabled and the downloaded ones will not work either in removing Accelerator Pro. Manual removal method is recommended for that reason. To prevent for additional infiltration alleviated by Accelerator Pro, it is advisable to take actions as soon as possible with effective solution. Should you encounter unexpected problems in the middle of the removal and cannot fix, you are welcome to get specialized technical help.
Rogueware – Wikipedia
Windows Accelerator Pro Virus, Remove Fake Anti-virus Program from Windows