- Tritax installs itself without knowledge.
- The numbers (more than 100 or 1,000 generally) of problems and infections reported by Tritax.
- The computer mounted with Tritax is running more and more slowly than it was.
- PC users are kept being directed to register page for licensed version in order to fix the reported problems and remove flagged infections.
- Most of the reported items by Tritax cannot be found on the Internet or reputable computer help forums.
- More error messages emerge to result in malfunction.
Unlike what it appears to be, Tritax is a fake anti-virus program (which belongs to rogueware) that is created to defraud money. Filching the interface (the same that Windows Web Watchdog and other FakeVimes-supported rogueware steal) from one of the Microsoft anti-virus application versions, Tritax manages to gain credit and cheat people into downloading it willingly from some promotional sites. Actually, Tritax is capable of settling into a machine with the below methods:
- Tritax can piggyback on some similar programs or attack attractive applications to achieve drive-by download.
- As a rogueware, Tritax is able to sniff vulnerability/loophole/bug/backdoor and the like to find a chance for infiltration.
Its payloads are really driving quick removal. Drivers concerning security utilities and services are numerated for overwrite when Tritax tries to penetrate into a target system. When it is done, the installed security defense is broken to malfunction. Thoughts to download or install additional anti-virus program should be denied as such overwriting will also compromise browser security.
Without interference, Tritax is enabled to inject its .exe, .dat and .dll files into sub-directories of local disk to collect the information on system configuration so that bogus warning can be displayed. Remember that register page that Tritax takes you to? Such page is programmed with BHO and JS technologies, any input will be recorded. If the author of Tritax is evil enough, input information will be resold to other spammers for money or helping the author to empty bank account directly.
All the random modification could arouse vulnerability. A vulnerable machine is always the target for infections working to earn gravy. Therefore, it is no longer strange that additional items like web applications, browser hijackers/redirectors, ads and virus are detected even after a thorough removal of the fake anti-virus program. Stick to the step below to help yourself remove Tritax. Should you run into additional trouble in dealing with extra items, you may need to apply your computer knowledge and skills, or you could seek solution accordingly in virus reservoir or you can simply live chat with senior technician for quick fix.
Remove/Uninstall Tritax Rogueware – Expert Guide
1.Exit Tritax and end its running process.
- Right click on Tritax shown on the task bar and select ”exit”.
- Enable Task Manager to click on “View” tab.
- Check “Image Path Name” and PID under “Select Columns”.
- Note down the processes with the name that doesn’t refer to system process.
- Combine with the path name in System Information (All Programs/All Apps > Accessories > System Tools > System Information > Software Environment > Running Tasks) to end the processes that consume CPU.
2.Show hidden files and folders to remove items related to Tritax
Control Panel > user accounts and family safety > Folder Options > View tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders’ > non-tick ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’> ‘OK’ button.
Windows Explorer > View tab > tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ > “OK” button.
- Navigate to local disk and click on Search icon.
- Type Tritax in “a word or phrase in the file” blank and “all or part of the file name” blank respectively.
- Hit Search button.
- Remove all the files listed.
3.Access Database to remove Tritax’s values under the below entries.
4.Remove/uninstall Tritax from Control Panel.
Start menu > Control Panel > “Add/Remove Programs” > remove/uninstall Tritax.
Move mouse to bottom-right corner of your desktop > choose ‘Control Panel’ in the pop-up sidebar> "Programs and Features" > uninstall/remove Tritax.
This article should not be mistakenly taken to be associated with Tritax at all. The above steps have been tested for multiple times and the fact tells us that there’s no universal means to remove Tritax completely and thoroughly owing to various OS, versions and structures. Therefore, certain level of computer knowledge and skills are required to carry out the threads correctly based on your concrete situation. Also, it is highly recommended to remove any additional items that worm into the machine through the vulnerability by Tritax roguware as the fake anti-virus program could seek chance to stage a come back by taking advantage of other vulnerability.