- BrowserSafeguard’s functions
- The payloads of BrowserSafeguard.
- How BrowserSafeguard.exe enters computer
- Is BrowserSafeguard.exe virus?
- What is it like to get BrowserSafeguard.exe?
- Learn the way to remove BrowserSafeguard.exe
- Other related posts
BrowserSafeguard.exe is not exclusively belonging to certain program or web applications. It is created to help third-party programs that pay it to assist in permanent stay and dodging the automatic removal by installed anti-virus program.
- BrowserSafeguard.exe is run as a standard windows process with the logged in user’s account privileges.
- Add a startup entry to the run registry key to automatically launch without bothering PC users.
- Change the default search engine and home pages in all major web browsers by modifying DNS settings.
How Do I Get BrowserSafeguard.exe?
Learned from its function, we should now know that the drive-by download is the major dissemination routine. When people install programs, even from a reputable downloading site, BrowserSafeguard.exe will be installed in process during the program’s setup process.
Is BrowserSafeguard.exe Virus?
Since BrowserSafeguard.exe installs itself without being notified and permission, people take it as virus. The fact is just on the contrary regardless of the malicious payloads as listed above. BrowserSafeguard.exe takes advantage of web techniques, adding modifications to JS and BHO in an attempt to accomplish the payloads without being stopped effectively and automatically.
BrowserSafeguard.exe Harrassed Computer
- Additional web applications including toolbar, browser hijacker, redirector, PUP and adware will be detected.
- The installed third-party program will not be uninstalled with conventional measures.
- CPU will be significantly consumed.
- The default system configuration will be weakened after the modifications by BrowserSafeguard.exe.
What Should I Do to Remove BrowserSafeguard.exe?
Step1. end the service with the path to executable directing to BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program.
- Press down Win key and R key together type “services.msc” in the pop-up text box.
- Hit Enter key to enable the system services window.
- Remove/disable the service with the path to executable pointing to BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program.
- Access Windows Explorer from Start screen and choose Administrative Tools.
- Double click on Services icon and remove/disable the service with the path to executable pointing to BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program.
Step2. access database to remove the entries directing to BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program.
- press down and hold Win key and R key together to get a Run box.
- Type "regedit" and hit Enter key.
- Navigate to the following offered entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\[the program bundled with BrowserSafeguard.exe]
Step3. access Running Tasks to end the service and processes directing to BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program.
Start Menu > All Programs/All Apps (Windows8) > Accessories > open System Tools > System Information > Software Environment > Running Tasks > see the path for each service on the right pane > remove the ones that do not belong to System and that with the path directing to BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program.
|end BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program's services|
Step4. show hidden files and folders to remove the ones generated on and after the day when BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program were installed.
Control panel > user accounts and family safety >Folder Options > view tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders’ > non-tick ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
Windows Explorer > view tab > tick ‘File name extensions’ > tick “hidden items”.
mainly navigate to the following folder and remove the ones related on the day when BrowserSafeguard.exe and the related third party program were firstly detected.
The programs one installed bundled with BrowserSafeguard.exe cannot be foreseeable, thus removal thread is offered instead of the way for certain specific program. Thus certain level of computer knowledge and skills is required to carry out the steps as instructed. Be noted that one should remove the related program right after the removal of BrowserSafeguard.exe as they are integrated. Any leftover would bring the executable file back.
Other Related Posts
How to Remove - PUP.Optional.PCPerformer.A Found
SafeSear.ch, How to Remove Www.safesear.ch Hijacker
Optimizer Pro (PC Utilities Pro), Should I Remove It and How?
Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com Redirect Virus – Remove Search Redirect Virus from Macs and PCs