This article references http://blog.vilmatech.com/remove-pc-optimizer-pro-uninstall-fake-pro-virus-guides/ and is written to inform related harms as well as to advice efficient removal method. Thus VirusRemoval Guideline should not be mistakenly considered to be in association with the promotion or endorsement of Optimizer pro.
- Distributed through pay-per-install bundle like "converter".
- Implants in Windows Service.
- Inject Run value in Database.
- Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Optimizer Pro\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT
- Estimated size: 31.57 MB
- Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Optimizer Pro\
- Executable file: optprolauncher.exe, OptProReminder.exe, OptProSmartScan.exe, OptProSchedule.exe, OptProStart.exe, OptimizerPro.exe, OptProGuard.exe, OptProCrash.dll, OptProCrash_x64.dll, OptProCrash.dll
- MD5: 4377d285a603f9297bcc82df6b38589d
- Programs bundled with Optimizer pro:
Tube Dimmer by Creative Island Media
Internet Security by BrowserSafeguard by Adknowledge
Problems Caused by Optimizer Pro
- Optimizer pro automatically pops up to scan the target computer.
- Up to thousands of hundreds of non-existent computer problems are reported and analyzed, which causes high CPU consumption.
- Computer becomes slower in performance.
- Additional programs are installed onto the target machine.
- Browser redirect problem happens occasionally.
Being harassed by verisimilar optimizer pro virus can be dangerous to both security and computer health. Reporting up to thousands of hundreds of non-existent computer problems requires a big reservoir, which hogs CPU and thus sluggish computer occurs. Due to the fact that optimizer pro installs additional 3rd party programs without permission automatically, and such programs have been found by Global PC Support Center to be from web sites programmed with small HTTP and lose JS language, using optimizer pro holds a big chance to invite large amount of rubbish (equals needless items) to considerably consume limited internal storage.
What’s worst is that optimizer pro’s entries, .dll files and executable files are implanted by force. As a consequence, vulnerability is generated on a target machine to alleviate additional infiltration once being exploited. It should also come to your knowledge that random addition (especially by virus) of .dll files and executable files may arouse conflict within a system and thus trigger error issue, leading to dysfunctions and malfunctions.
All optimizer pro wants is not your computer but your money, that’s why victims are frequently asked to register for its advanced version by redirecting to its page. Be noted that all web pages contain JS language. Once you paid for optimizer pro on its counterfeit site, your PW and account will be recorded and you are taking the risk of being robbed without knowledge or being utilized to help launder money.
It is highly recommended to remove Optimizer pro as soon as possible. Due to its powerful capability to prevent from being removed completely by installed anti-virus programs by affecting corresponding values in Database, it is advisable to manually remove it. Below is the removal thread provided by a specialized technician from VilmaTech Online Support. Should you come across with unexpected problem in the middle of the removal, you are welcome to start a live chat for quick solution.
Manual Way - Optimizer Pro (PC Utilities Pro) Should be Removed
Step One. End Running process.
- Use Ctrl+Alt+Del key combination to enable Task Manager.
- End the running process with service named 'Optimizer Pro Crash Monitor' (70e6ca8c) under Process tab by pressing “Disable”.
- Hover your mouse to the bottom of your Start Screen and type ‘Task’ in the pop-up Charms bar to enable Task Manager window.
- End the running process with service named 'Optimizer Pro Crash Monitor' (70e6ca8c) under Process tab by pressing “Disable All” button.
Step Two. Show hidden files to remove Optimizer pro’s installed items.
Open Windows Explorer to tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options under View tab.
- Access ‘Control Panel’ and access ‘user accounts and family safety’ for ‘Folder Options’ window.
- Hit View tab to tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
Remove C:\Program Files\Optimizer Pro, C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\ Optimizer Pro and C:\Users\[admin/username]\Documents\ Optimizer Pro (where Optimizer Pro was installed onto the guest account).
Step Three. Go to Control Panel to uninstall Optimizer Pro.
Move mouse to the bottom-right corner and click on “Unpin”; access ‘Control Panel’ for "Programs and Features" so as to uninstall Optimizer Pro.
Spread Start menu to select Control Panel and uninstall Optimizer Pro under “Add/Remove Programs”.
Step Four. End Optimizer Pro’s service.
Open Windows Explorer to access Administrative tools; double click ‘Services’ to remove/disable the service named Optimizer pro.
Use Win +R key combination to type “services.msc” in the pop-up text box; hit Enter key to enable the services window so as to remove/disable Optimizer pro’s service.
Step Five. Remove Optimizer pro’s entries from Database.
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\ Optimizer pro
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Startup=” C:\Program Files\Optimizer Pro\OptProLauncher.exe
The above manual removal instruction is exclusively applicable to Optimizer Pro. Failure may happen when additional infections have successfully taken advantage of the generated vulnerability. If you are not equipped with professional computer skills, it is advisable to resort specialized technical help from VilmaTech Online Support for quick solution.