|remove RegTweaker and Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A|
- What is RegTweaker, is it malware?
- Is RegTweaker related to Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A?
- Where does RegTweaker come from?
- Is RegTweaker safe to use?
- Learn the way to uninstall RegTweaker and remove Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A
- Other related posts
Is RegTweaker Rogueware?
RegTweaker is a paid program. It is pushed as the best registry errors cleaner and system optimizer. Yet comments on it are just controversy. Some say that there are no pros and consider it as a rogueware; while some say that it is quite useful. The fact is that downloads for RegTweaker from CNET and Softpedia are still available.
People think bad of RegTweaker simply due to the following reasons:
- RegTweaker installs unexpectedly without permission or knowledge.
- Ads start popping up after its installation.
- The CPU is consumed more than before.
- It is quite hard to uninstall RegTweaker.
Any Relation between RegTweaker and Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A?
Actually, Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A is one of the components of RegTweaker. What this adware serves is to help promote the PUA and get commissions from other program operators in process so as to support the proper running when PC users refuse to purchase its advanced version. Any click on the ads by RegTweaker will generate PPC revenue.
How RegTweaker Gets on a Machine?
To promote a new product to PC users without adopting evil ways in a hope to get high exposure and gain profitable income, it is necessity for greedy and impatient operators to adopt some non-normal way:
- Pay other products operators to bundle with the applications; when installing them, RegTweaker will be installed also.
- Make Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A to help with advertising.
- Promise to install certain applications when RegTweaker is installed in an attempt to get money.
Is RegTweaker Safe to Use?
Let’s make things clear beforehand.
- Some finds less CPU is available after the installation of RegTweaker.
It is not recommended to install more when you are protected by 1or 2 security utilites.
- RegTweaker will not be uninstalled with conventional way.
It is another tactic that RegTweaker adopts to make people use the application and perhaps some PC users may love it and go to buy its advanced version.
People should be informed that to get more income and thus support the normal operation of the PUA, Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A would take full advantage of JS technique, the basic technique to be involved in building web pages, to record online whereabouts. By reselling the information to advertisers/operators, the maker behind RegTweaker would get money.
Besides, non-system programs and their processes are stored in system's registry by default, which can likely lead to fragmentation in registry over time and accumulates invalid entries to degrade the overall PC performance and break down the compactness to give chance for vicious infiltration. RegTweaker might not cause the unpleasant scenario, but Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A can.
Learn the Way to Uninstall RegTweaker and Remove Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A
If you get through unpleasant experience with RegTweaker and Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A, just follow the manual way to remove them as they are not technically virus. Thus anti-virus programs will not help.
Method 1. use its own uninstaller to uninstall RegTweaker.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Teaker\ to find the file simialr to unins000.exe.
- Double click on it to try uninstalling RegTweaker automatically.
Method 2. If fail, access DataBase to remove the items related to RegTweaker.
a. navigate to the following entries respectively to find suspicious key value started with “Run” and delete accordingly.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Startup=”C:\windows\start menu\programs\startup\
b.navigate to the following entries to remove related ones and remove RegTweaker's items.
c. hold Control and F key together to get a Find box, then search for and remove the corresponding services found in Step e.
d. end RegTweaker's processes.
Ctrl,+Alt+Delete (Windows 7/XP/Vista) key combination/ Ctrl + Shift + Esc(Windows 8) > Task Manager > View tab > “Select Columns”> “Image Path Name” and PID > see full path name > end the processes referring the location of RegTweaker.
e. end RegTweaker's services.
Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > open System Tools > System Information > Software Environment > Running Tasks > see the path for each service on the right pane > remove the ones that do not belong to System and that with the path directing to the RegTweaker's directory.
|end RegTweaker's services|
f.uninstall RegTweaker from Control Panel, if any.
Start menu > Control Panel > “Add/Remove Programs” > uninstall RegClean Pro.
“Unpin” button > ‘Control Panel’ > "Programs and Features" > uninstall RegClean Pro.
g.open up random folder; search for and remove everything related to RegTweaker.
- Before that, it is recommended to show hidden items.
Control panel > user accounts and family safety >Folder Options > view tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders’ > non-tick ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
Windows Explorer > view tab > tick ‘File name extensions’ > tick “hidden items”.
- Next open up random folder and hit on Search icon, type "RegTweaker" and "tweak" in all the search blanks and hit Enter button so as to remove all the detection.
- mainly navigate to the following folder and remove the ones related on the day when RegTweaker was firstly detected.
A. Reset browsers.
Internet Explorer: Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults button > OK.
Mozilla Firefox: Firefox button > Help > Troubleshooting information > ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
Google Chrome:‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu > ‘Options’ > ‘Under the Hood’ > ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Opera: Show hidden files and folders > navigate to "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\" > remove Operapref.ini.
Safari: Safari menu > ‘Reset Safari’ > tick all given options > ‘Reset
B. Also access Task Manager to locate and remove the processes related to Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A.
C. Show hidden items to remove Temp files and the related files.
1.remove the given items:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File
2.navigate to the following directories and remove the items generated on and after the date when Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A was firstly detected:
D. End the services related to the ads by Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A and RegTweaker.
- Press down Win key and R key together type “services.msc” in the pop-up text box.
- Hit Enter key to enable the system services window.
- Remove/disable the service with the path to executable pointing to RegTweaker and Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A.
- Access Windows Explorer from Start screen and choose Administrative Tools.
- Double click on Services icon and remove/disable the service with the path to executable pointing to RegTweaker and Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A.
The way to access certain directory can be different and the items one gets from Win32/AdWare.RegTweaker.A/ RegTweaker can be various due to the OS installed and the ways one took to troubleshoot the problem. Thus certain level of computer skill and security knowledge is required to follow the above thread completely as instructed.
Other Related Posts
Uninstall RegClean Pro by Systweak, Is It Malware?
Any Way to Remove/Uninstall AnyProtect? And What Is It?
Can’t Remove PCFixSpeed/Optimize Your PC Crawler, LLC? Learn How
Optimizer Pro (PC Utilities Pro), Should I Remove It and How?