- How do I get TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen?
- What TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen does?
- Follow thread to remove TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen
- Other related posts
How Do I Get Contracted by TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen?
According to some victims that downloading Crysis 2 MP demo via Steam and other media will end up with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen warning alert by Avira. The location of the Trojan horse varies and it is detected as a .dll file. CryNetwork.dll, CrySystem.dll and CryAction.dll are found to be affected.
Obviously, for PC users with certain level virus and computer knowledge, that the .dll processes do not belong to system and they are originated from third-party program. Drive-by download is the major way for the Trojan horse to propagate, it can piggyback on:
- Counterfeit web pages
- Phony programs
- Loosely programmed web sites like ads/browser hijackers
How Dangerous Is TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen?
To get on a machine and disable some services, processes, TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen manages to successfully gain valuable information and exchange for profitable amount of money.
Being a Trojan horse, TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen is capable of doing the following things:
- Open up a backdoor to communicate with remote server and connect to designated URL.
- Load down keyloggers to record in-put information.
- Numerate and overwrite the drivers concerning security defense, system service, startup configuration, etc..
- More unknown and vicious items will be detected to settle in without permission and knowledge; the more items that TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen loads on a machine, the more commission it will earn for its maker.
- Some services on the machine will be disabled and will not be re-enabled, which cause error messages that consume plenty of internal resource.
- The installed anti-virus program is prevented to play fully in protecting and killing virus, so is the build-in security defense.
- The hard drive goes from having 300GB of space to 20GB after TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen is flagged.
Follow Thread to Remove TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen
Please understand that there’s no universal and explicit instruction to help remove TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen as the situation (the items dropped by TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen, the directory TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen settles in and the name of the dropped down items) can vary from OS to OS. This is why certain level of computer skill and virus knowledge is required to move forward complete and thorough removal by following the effective thread offered herein.
Access Task Manager to remove the items with the path directing to TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen according to the installed anti-virus program.
Win+R key combination > Run box > type "CMD" > Enter key > type “taskkill.exe /im msblast.exe” or “taskkill.exe /im teekids.exe” or “taskkill.exe /im penis32.exe” > Enter key > access Task Manager > View >select columns > tick "PID" and "Path name" > go to open up System Information > end the process with path name directing to TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen or the path that doesn't belong to system.
Unveil hidden files and folders to remove the ones created by TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen (identify by the creation day).
Control Panel > user accounts and family safety > Folder Options > View tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders’ > non-tick ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ > OK button.
Windows Explorer > View tab > tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ > OK button.
- Remove all the Temp items. C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\
- Access the following folders to remove the items generated on the day when TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen was firstly detected according to the installed anti-virus program: %SystemRoot%\system32\%Temp%\
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File
- %SystemDriver% - the system division is "C:\" by default.
- %SystemRoot% - the directory of WINDOWS is known as“C:\Windows” by default.
one should:right click on the space of a window that is under inspection > select "Arrange by" > select "day")
|show the creation date of the items related to TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen|
Access DataBase to make rectifications.
- Press down Win key and R key together.
- Type “regedit” and hit Enter key.
- Navigate to the following entry to see and remove the values (C:\WINDOWS\system32\system.exe) under “Run” that you have not seen before:
- Then search for the processes detected in stepA to remove them in Database.
It is recommended to remove the additional items downloaded through TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen, whether it is vicious or not as non-system processes originated from software will be stored in your system's registry, which can likely lead to fragmentation in registry over time and accumulates invalid entries to degrade the overall PC performance and break down the compactness to give chance for vicious infiltration. For corresponding solution, access virus reservoir.
Other Related Posts
[Expert Guide] Worm:VBS/Jenxcus.K Can Be Removed, How?
[Expert Removal Thread] Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj]: Is It Related to CryptoDefense?
Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen.Backdoor (Trojan backdoor.agent.gen) [Effective Removal Thread]