|stop cj.dotomi.com from redirecting|
- Cj.dotomi.com occurs
- What is cj.dotomi.com?
- Can cj.dotomi.com be dangerous?
- Removal thread to help stop cj.dotomi.com
- Clicking on hyperlinks (on slickdeals.net or fatwallet) will take searchers to cj.dotomi.com.
- The full link of cj.dotomi.com is http://cj.dotomi.com/pk97wktsA/krw/98CC8GHF/CCGDGD8/8/8/8?q=a7xs%3DOXKpB7R5Ttdea35xYwZHIPF_Do9FJ_F_F_F%26960%3Dw884%25IP%25HU%25HUBBB.2tBtvv.r31%25HUe63s9r8%25HUe63s9r8.p74C%25IUhXS%25ISOXKpB7R5Ttdea35xYwZHIPF_Do9FJ_F_F_F%25HLPXS%25ISGFJJFNOM%25HLeXS%25ISGHHKHLM%25HL21_1r%25ISPUR-RNY92r8x32%25HLr1_11r%25ISPUR-RNY92r8x32-_-rpq0t7-_-2p-_-2p%25HLX8t1%25ISMO-HFF-NKO%3C%3Cw884%3A%2F%2FBBB.ys353rD.r31%3ANF%2Fr0xrz-JJNKNKF-GFJJFNOM%3C%3CV%3Cw884%3A%2F%2F70xrzstp07.2t8%2Fu%2FLNJNNMN-2tBtvv-vp1x2v-q03B398-7p0t-0tv3-1p6At0-794t6-wt63t7-47J-HK-qp81p2-p6zwp1-36xvx27-HF-Cq3C-vxu8-rp6s-HK-7zD6x1-GF-794t6-09xvx-9-GK-1p2D-136t-u6tt-7wx44x2v%3C
- Cj.dotomi.com appears to be blank.
What Is Cj.dotomi.com?
According to its behavior, security company has identified it as a browser redirector. It is a program that hooks API to direct traffic to its partners’ sites. By doing so, cj.dotomi.com manages to get profitable commission, protect the reputation of the sites that hire it to help intercept traffic and prevent victims from eradicating it quickly as it simply disappear after directing traffic to destinations.
A browser redirector is not technically virus. It must have been programmed by programmer who knows the BHO and JS techniques well and is aware of that some modifications would intercept traffic frequently without being stopped by build-in security defense as the two techniques are basic in building a web page.
Knowledge supplement: traffic is one of the major elements that help to enhance rankings in the search results, it would also influence the exposure rate proportionally. To sell more products online than other online operators, some would pay such redirector/hijacker to help gather huge traffic and direct people to its sites by force.
Cj.dotomi.com Is Potentially Dangerous
Practices have proven that fact that being harassing by cj.dotomi.com would finally end up with more redirects, such as:
To push products to online searchers, many operators have obviously paid cj.dotomi.com. Thus, random ads will appear and more redirects will happen. What’s worth the attention is that most online operator take a lazy approach to optimizing their sites and few of them knows how, they would prefer to pay for some service online. As a consequence, the sites will not be compact to unveil bugs. In other word, the sites redirected by cj.dotomi.com are easy to be affected by infections.
Once being attacked, BHO and JS techniques will be utilized maliciously to modify DNS settings, preload vicious codes into DLL module and record any in-put information, which could finally end up with identity theft and money loss.
Besides, with more random and unknown items loaded onto the machine in the middle of the searching, more CPU will be consumed and the internal resource will be taken up unreasonably to cause instability. This could weaken the computer in warding off potential threats effectively.
Follow Thread to Stop Cj.dotomi.com from Redirecting
1. Reset browser settings.
Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults button > OK.
Firefox button > Help > Troubleshooting information > ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu > ‘Options’ > ‘Under the Hood’ > ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Show hidden files and folders (explicit instruction shown in Step3) > navigate to "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\" > remove Operapref.ini.
Safari menu > ‘Reset Safari’ > tick all given options > ‘Reset’ button.
2. end the related services.
Before access the service window to end the associated ones, please access Running Tasks to help figure out the related ones.
- Select All Apps from Start Screen to choose Accessories.
- (for Windows 7/XP/Vista it is to choose All programs from Start menu and select Accessories)
- Select System Tools and then System Information.
- Please expand Software Environment to locate Running Tasks.
- See the path for each service and program in the right pane?
- Locate the one(s) with the directory pointing to the place where cj.dotomi.com settles.
|access System Information to help figure out the services related to cj.dotomi.com|
Win+R key > type “services.msc” > Enter key > services window > remove/disable the related service.
Windows Explorer > Administrative tools > Services icon > remove/disable related service.
Mac OS X
Finder menu >“Services” >“Services Preferences” > “Services” > locate service on the right > remove/disable related service.
3. Remove all the Temp files under the following directories.
Click open ‘Control Panel’ > search for ‘Folder Options’ > tap View tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders' and non-tick 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
Start screen > open any folder > open Windows Explorer > select View tab > Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
- navigate to the following directories and remove all the files and folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File
Mac OS X
Finder > Utilities folder > terminal:
access Macs Terminal
cd ~/Library/Logsand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/*
rm -rf ~/Library/Safari/Downloads.plistand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/*
- Access the following folders to remove the items generated on the day when cj.dotomi.com was firstly detected:
C:\Windows(tip: to filter out the items generated on the day when cj.dotomi.com appeared, please right click on the space of a window that is under inspection to select "Arrange by"; then select "day" in the drop-down list)
|Arrange by day to remove the items generated by cj.dotomi.com|
Be noted that additional items brought in by cj.dotomi.com can be random; but most of them are web applications. It is recommended to remove them in the process so as to prevent from its re-image. Please understand that there’s no universal explicit instruction to help remove cj.dotomi.com as the situation (the items dropped by cj.dotomi.com, the directory cj.dotomi.com settles in and the name of the dropped down items) can vary from OS to OS. Therefore, an effective thread is offered and certain level of computer knowledge as well as skill is required to carry out the steps to move forward complete and thorough removal.