|remove YTDownloader and its ads|
- Is YTDownloader virus?
- Why YTDownloader pops up ads and why it persists?
- Is there anything we need to attend?
- What should you do to remove YTDownloader and its ads?
YTDownloader is also known as YouTube Downloader which claims itself as a useful and handy program to download videos from YouTube for users to watch the videos on phones, tablets and other devices. However, some unpleasant scenes have aroused hostility among users:
- Random ads start popping up to ruin experience.
- Ads by YTDownloader slow down the overall page-loading speed.
- YTDownloader installs itself without permission and will not be uninstalled by conventional means.
Reasons for YTDownloader Deals and Persistence
YTDownloader has its own download website and it is technically a browser plug-in. As a freeware, what it makes for a living and keeps serving people? To cooperate with advertising platforms and help them by pushing ads will do. Actually, YTDownloader is also beneficial. In return, the ads will allow YTDownloader to bundle with them, which will greatly increase the usage rate which will increase the income as well. As a plug-in, BHO technique is inevitably involved. Yet, with some modifications, the technique will consolidate the settlement on a machine.
Potential Dangers from YTDownloader?
Though YTDownloader deals and ads are not virus at all, there are some potential dangers PC users should pay attention. If one delays the removal, one would detect more ads, other web applications, including Tuvaro, and possibly virus.
- With more items getting onto a machine without permission, the internal resource will be taken up not to support the full play by some critical parts.
- More web applications’ appearance can cause traffic jam and probably dllhost.exe error which could give rise to instability.
- If one keeps updating security knowledge, one should know that most of the web applications are so loosely built that bugs are readily exploited by virus.
- Once YTDownloader deals are attacked by virus or they are affected because of the bundled items, the BHO technique will be utilized to hook API so as to control the navigation and acquire some confidential information typed online.
Removal Thread: What Should I Do to Remove YTDownloader?
Reset browser settings.
Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults button > OK.
Firefox button > Help > Troubleshooting information > ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu > ‘Options’ > ‘Under the Hood’ > ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Show hidden files and folders (see Step B) > navigate to "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\" > remove Operapref.ini.
Safari menu > ‘Reset Safari’ > tick all given options > ‘Reset’ button.
Remove all the Temp files under the following directories.
Click open ‘Control Panel’ > search for ‘Folder Options’ > tap View tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders' and non-tick 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
Start screen > open any folder > open Windows Explorer > select View tab > Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
- navigate to the following directories and remove all the files and folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File
Mac OS X
Finder > Utilities folder > terminal:
|access Macs Terminal to clear up YTDownloader's temp files|
cd ~/Library/Logsand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/*
rm -rf ~/Library/Safari/Downloads.plistand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/*
- remove the items generated on the day when YTDownloader firstly appears under the following listed items:
1. the below directories can be different on other system.
2. to locate the related items, one should find out the ones were created on the day when YTDownloader was firstly detected.)
To show the date, one should:right click on the space of a window that is under inspection > select "Arrange by" > select "day")
show the creation date of the items related to YTDownloader%Program Files%\Common Files\
Enable pop-up blocker to stop YTDownloader deals and ads.
Tools > Options > Privacy tab > “Block pop-ups” > stop YTDownloader deals and ads.
Tools > Options > Web features button > block YTDownloader deals and ads.
Tool menu > Options > “Under the Hood” tab > “Content Settings” > “Pop-ups” > “Exceptions” > rule out YTDownloader.
Opera’s menu > “settings” > “Preference” > General tab > “Pop-up” > “Block Unwanted Pop-ups” > OK button.
“Safari” > “Preference”>“Security” tab > check “Block pop-up windows".
End YTDownloader's running process.
(tip: one should exit YTDownloader first)
Access Task Manager > View > select columns > tick "PID" and "Path name" > go to open up System Information > end the process with path name directing to YTDownloader 's path.
|select columns to help end the processes related to YTDownloader correctly|
Mac OS X
Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor > click open the suspected processes > "Open ports and files" > end the process with path name directing to YTDownloader's path.
|search for and open up Activity Monitor on Mac to stop the ads by YTDownloader from popping up|
All the instructions offered on this website are removal thread. One should follow the thread to remove YTDownloader according to your concrete situation (OS, BIOS, the additional items you get, etc.). Be noted that the additional items that brought in by YTDownloader can be random and it is hard to anticipate. Should you want the corresponding solution to the additional item(s), please navigate to virus reservoir.