|Packed.Win32.Krap.hc warning alert|
- Damages by Packed.Win32.Krap.hc
- Where do I get affected by Packed.Win32.Krap.hc?
- What are the dangers if I have Packed.Win32.Krap.hc?
- Packed.Win32.Krap.hc is highly elusive and a hard-core
- Effective solution to help remove Packed.Win32.Krap.hc
Consequence of Having Packed.Win32.Krap.hc
Packed.Win32.Krap.hc, with a random-letter-combined name, does not show up and do some little vicious tricks. The fact is what Packed.Win32.Krap.hc is capable of doing is beyond expectation:
- The machine will first become much slower than it should be.
- Most of the search results are simply fake, they are copied by Packed.Win32.Krap.hc to make victims download vicious items themselves without knowledge.
- An affected computer will finally unbootable.
- Task Manager will be disabled.
- Installed anti-virus program will only detect Packed.Win32.Krap.hc but not disinfect it though it says it did.
- Additional items will be installed without permission, the detected items are speedupmypc, flyplayer.
- Weird error would happen, such as "HD critical error, Write Filed", leading to troublesome scene.
Where Does Packed.Win32.Krap.hc Come from?
Being a Trojan horse, Packed.Win32.Krap.hc is highly elusive. Such kind of virus would camouflage some message or website to trap for clicks and Packed.Win32.Krap.hc is no exception. Of course, it also adopts drive-by download for propagation. Below is the list to show how Packed.Win32.Krap.hc spreads itself:
- Packed.Win32.Krap.hc would camouflage certain download website offering the items that PC users are required to keep updating, such as Adobe/Flash Player.
- Packed.Win32.Krap.hc would piggyback on some counterfeit Adobe/Flash Players update message.
- Packed.Win32.Krap.hc bundles with other types of virus, Trojan horse/Trojan Downloader particularly.
- Packed.Win32.Krap.hc could get onto a machine through the installation of some rogueware or loosely programmed software, freeware/shareware particularly.
What the Dangers Are from Packed.Win32.Krap.hc?
What Packed.Win32.Krap.hc aims at is money. Providing counterfeit search results is the way that the Trojan horse makes money. If one keeps updating virus knowledge, one would’ve known that the bogus website could record any in-put information sneakily and the valuable information are:
- online whereabouts – sell it to online operators who need this to cook a better promotion strategy.
- log-in credentials – if you are a game player, your valuable hard-earned equipment can be stolen or resold to other players.
- account and password – if you are an online shopper, your bank account could be on the hazard.
Highly Elusive Packed.Win32.Krap.hc
It is not that easy to drive Packed.Win32.Krap.hc away as it needs to stay longer for more valuable information. The moment when Packed.Win32.Krap.hc gets onto a machine, drivers concerning pivotal parts, such as security defense, installed security utilities, the commonly used functionality like Task Manager will be numerated and overwritten by its vicious code. As a consequence, its runtime streams will be then injected into running processes like explorer.exe and winlogon.exe or memory module without interference. In other word, the machine will execute what Packed.Win32.Krap.hc wants without knowing that it should be stopped.
Whereupon, the files generated by Packed.Win32.Krap.hc will present the System (S) and Hidden (H) attributes so as to hide themselves in Windows Explorer; as soon as the entire installation is finished, the they would delete the original executable files, posting difficulties for victims in locating Packed.Win32.Krap.hc.
Effective Solution to Help Remove Packed.Win32.Krap.hc
Packed.Win32.Krap.hc has been detected by Global PC Support Center to affect volume boot record (VBR) so as to load unsigned kernel-mode drivers on a target machine. Since boot record does not belong to any disk, disk format will not be able to remove Packed.Win32.Krap.hc. The below instruction is all about hard disk low level format, here are something that victims should be noted:
- Low level formatting must be executed with extreme caution as any wrong choice on which storage device to zero would lead to total, absolute, irrecoverable destruction of your critical data.
- There is fat chance that additional infections will be detected along with Packed.Win32.Krap.hc. In such case, a complete removal is required so that the Packed.Win32.Krap.hc Trojan will not re-affect the target machine.
- Depending on the Operating System installed, the images, directories displayed in this article might differ from what you observe when following the above offered instructions on your computer. This is why certain level of computer skills and knowledge is required to carry out the following offered steps.
A - Enter into Safe Mode.
Windows 7/Vista/XP users:
Restart the system with power button > as the computer is booting but before Windows launches, keep tapping "F8 key" > "Windows Advanced Options Menu" comes up > highlight "Safe Mode" option > press Enter key.
Windows 8 users:
Restart the system with power button > as the computer is booting but before Windows launches, hold the Shift button and keep tapping on the F8 key >‘See advanced repair options’> ‘Troubleshoot’ > ‘Advanced Options’>‘Windows Startup Settings’> hit ‘Restart’ button.
B - Use third-party program to cleanse HD and check registry for errors.
C – Change the partition.
Start button > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management (left pane, under Storage) > right-click the volume you want to shrink > click Shrink Volume > follow on-screen instruction.
D – Implement hard disk low level format to remove Packed.Win32.Krap.hc.
Disconnect your disk > connect the disk to your machine > wait for the system to identify the disk > execute the dd command against system disk > it would spend up to 5-6 hours to finish.
Steps to execute dd command: