Police Central E-Crime Unit Virus Use Trojan Technique to Phish Ukash and PaysafeCard
PCeU virus, short for Police Central E-Crime Unit virus, is actually geared by Reveton Trojan. Such Trojan manages to numerate drivers to make modifications in Database, so that its vicious codes are able to be injected to files and folders for information collection. Once victims submit the amount of money so fix on the counterfeit accusation message through the required payment method (both Ukash and PaysafeCard), the account and PW(password) will be recorded by Police Central E-Crime Unit virus. And the consequence can be imaginable.
When in, drivers are firstly numerated by Police Central E-Crime Unit virus, which causes mechanical damages due to drivers are affected to perform what PCeU virus intends so that it is capable of collecting more information and waiting for non-existing ransom when victims are trying hard to find efficient solutions. By doing so, the cyber criminal behind Police Central E-Crime Unit virus will be able to obtain large amount of money. (Tip: reselling collected information can also bring about profitable revenue). Below is the list of mechanical damages incurred by Police Central E-Crime Unit virus summarized by one of professional practitioners working at VilmaTech Online Support:
- Ctrl+Alt+Del key combination is disabled.
- The whole desktop is taken over by Police Central E-Crime Unit virus.
- System Restore and automatic system repair function are disabled not to complete.
- Some forms of Safe Mode are blocked by Police Central E-Crime Unit virus.
- Installed anti-virus programs are disable to some extent where cannot remove reveton Trojan permanently.
Also due to Reveton Trojan that makes random modifications on Database, backdoor is brought into being subsequently to arouse the below problems to victims who have successfully remove Police Central E-Crime Unit virus from their precious computers:
- Endless popup ads emerge in-text, under-text to ruin surfing experience.
- In-text letters are underlined with hyperlinks directing to commercial sites.
- Search redirect happens to give away promotional web pages rather than query related search results.
- Multiple system processes, among them are counterfeit ones generated by Reveton Trojan, run in background to considerably consume CPU usage as well as computer resource.
- Thousands of hundreds of items pile up in the target machine to leave very limited space for PC operation, leading to frequent freezes and occasional BSOD.
- Error messages are triggered when trying to launch/close down certain program.
Steps to Remove Police Central E-Crime Unit Virus
Step One – Enter into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Entering into Safe Mode with Command Prompt is always my first priority since ransomware nowadays are becoming so stronger that disable Safe Mode with Networking the moment they attack a target machine. It is more time saving to so.
For Windows 8 users
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key combination to enter into a blue screen with a power icon at the right bottom.
- Hold shift key and click on power button at once to access the next screen.
- Select Troubleshoot option with arrow keys and hit Enter key to carry on the process.
- Choose Advanced options to proceed.
- Hit Restart button to enter into the next screen.
- Hit F6 to get into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Cold restart the infected computer.
- As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, keep tapping "F8 key" continuously.
- You’ll be then taken to "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
- Highlight "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" option with your arrow keys and hit Enter key.
Step Two – Create a new user account with admin rights by using cmd line.
- Type 'explore' where a slash/line is flashing behind "System32".
- Hit Enter key to access desktop.
- Follow the below steps to create a new user account with admin rights.
- Click on “Unpin” button to access Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Add a user’ under ‘Users’ section on the left pane.
- If Windows Live id is available, use it to create a new account.
- Otherwise, click on ‘More about logon options’ to fill in the given form.
- Then follow the on-screen hint to create a user account with admin rights.
- Access Control Panel window to choose User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Select User Accounts and choose ‘Manage another account’.
- Access ‘Create a new account’ to name the new user account.
- Hit “Next” button to tick ‘Administrator’ before clicking Create Account to create a user account with admin rights.
- Access Control Panel window to select 'User Account’ and select ‘Create a new account’.
- Name the new user account and press ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Tick ’Computer administrator’ before clicking ‘Create Account’ to create a user account with admin rights.
- Access Control Panel window to choose ‘Add or Remove User Accounts'.
- Press ‘Create a New Account’ button to select account type as administrator and name the new user account.
- Click ‘Create Account button’ to create a user account with admin rights.
Step Three – Show hidden items to remove Police Central E-Crime Unit virus and its affiliates.
This step should be done after a restart into the newly created user account.
- Access Windows Explorer and browse to View tab.
- Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options and press “OK” button to show all hidden items.
- Access ‘Folder Options’ in ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Hit View tab to tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
- Pressing “OK” button to show all hidden items.
Step Four – Remove keys and values generated by Police Central E-Crime Unit virus in Database.
When access Registry Editor with the steps below, follow the steps and navigate to the offered entries to remove items related to Police Central E-Crime Unit virus:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Canadian Police Association virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System ‘DisableRegistryTools’ = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system ‘EnableLUA’ = 0
- Bring up charms bar and put in ‘regedit’/‘regedit.exe'.
- Hit Enter key to access Registry Editor window.
- Use Win key and R key to bring up run box and put in ‘regedit’/‘regedit.exe’ .
- Hit Enter key to access Registry Editor window.
Submit Money Will Not Solve Problems
Submitting money through the required payment method will not help resolve the blocking problem; instead, your related information will be recorded. Besides, submitting money to cyber criminals are actually funding them to study and develop a more intrusive ransomware with totally different infiltration way to both obtain money and spread its vicious products widely. There have been cases when people get their computer unblocked for a few minutes right after the money submission, but being blocked down again. Cyber criminals are always the ones breaking down promise, and the ones we need to fight against rather than help with. Remove Police Central E-Crime Unit virus is the right way to do. VilamTech Online Support would like to announce to your knowledge that incomplete removal might result in more serious condition. One should pay extra attention to additional vicious items introduced by PCeU virus when following the above instruction. If you are at lost about how to proceed, get professional help by starting a live chat with specialized computer professionals here.