Most people still holds optimism when being locked down by Australian Federal Police virus which is what we usually called AFP virus, believing that handing over the required amount of money or using another user account will still get things running normally. The fact is that its virulent code will be spread to other aspects that haven’t been contaminated and the money submission only makes things worse.
Submitting money to cyber criminals will only make them believe that there’s a big fortune by continuously blocking down people’s computers. And the submission will only incur blocking one after another since it is pretty convinced that you will submit again. One more thing about the submission should arouse your attention is that the Trojan-supported Australian Federal Police virus will be able to record the information about the payment method you adopt. The worst scenario can be an empty card.
- Fake Adobe/Flash Player update message to trap for click.
- Use JS technique to obtain credentials so as to send unsolicited emails containing AFP virus.
- Exploit vulnerability both web and system.
- Endless popup ads would occur to ruin surfing experience.
- More in-text letters are underlined with hyperlinks directing to commercial sites.
- Search redirect happens a lot.
- CPU is highly consumed to make the target machine a zombie.
- All these are due to the backdoor Australian Federal Police chisels.
Ways to Make Money
- Use Trojan technique to collect stored information and resell to other spammers.
- Wait for the non-existent ransom.
- Use backdoor to help with additional infiltration for commission.
Manual Removal Guide to Unblock Computer from Australian Federal Police Virus
- Access desktop.
- Remove related vicious items from local disk.
- Remove vicious values from Database.
- Optimize browsers and the entire configuration automatically.
Access desktop by entering into Safe Mode with Networking as one of the means.
Cold restart the computer and keep tapping on "F8 key" as the computer is booting but before Windows launches, highlight ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ option in "Windows Advanced Options Menu" and press Enter key.
Cold restart the computer and keep tapping on the F8 key to Choose ‘See advanced repair options’-> 'Troubleshoot’ option -> ‘Advanced Options’->‘Windows Startup Settings’-> Hit ‘Restart’.
When the desktop is accessed, show hidden items and remove vicious items.
Open Windows Explorer and browse to View tab; tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options and press “OK” button.
Access ‘Folder Options’ in ‘Control Panel’ and browse to View tab; tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ and press‘OK’ button.
Navigate to C:\Windows, C:\Windows\System32\Roaming and C:\Windows\System32\Temp to remove items that are created on the date Australian Federal Police virus blocks down browsers.
Remove vicious values from Database.
Use Win key and R key to type "regedit" and hit Enter key to get Database.
Optimize browsers by reset browsers and clear up the entire configuration automatically by running optimization tools.
It is not worth of purchasing a new computer when blocked down by Australian Federal Police virus since there are many versions of ransomware out there on the Internet that cannot be exterminated as a whole. The wise way is to resort professional help and regain operational machine again. Be sure that every step is undertaken in order and every vicious pieces are removed so that no unexpected problems occur. In the event of cumbersome issues, use online PC security service for final solution.