What Is Scorpion Saver?
Scorpion Saver is an unwanted implanted popup ad with a vision of aggressive promotion for its partners. Such adware aims to intercept as much traffic as possible so as to attract more operators for getting commission. To achieve that goal, scorpion saver adware is programmed with some rogue performance:
- Being capable of inserting its process into Startup section.
- Being added with tracking cookies to record the information on online whereabouts.
How Dangerous Is Scorpion Saver
Scorpion Saver is like a ticking bomb that posts potential harms. There was one victim saying Babylon Object Installer was brought in by Scorpion Saver. Obviously, random modifications finally cause troubles due to the vulnerability formed thereby. As a browser add-on, Scorpion Saver’s vulnerability may very well trigger issues like search redirect problems and unauthorized installations of browser applications, leading to a highly consumed CPU usage and a poor PC performance.
Scorpion Saver is thus required removal. Due to the fact that Scorpion Saver is not a virus, anti-virus programs are not gonna help. Manual method is therefore recommended. Follow the below steps to help yourself out of its trouble and make a happy day. If you want some professional help, you are welcome to contact VilmaTech Online Support and get instant help.
Steps to Remove Scorpion Saver Ad from Computers and Macs
Step One. Remove strtsv.com virus from Control Panel.
- Click on “Unpin” button on the left bottom of Start Screen to select Control Panel in its pop-up sidebar.
- Access “Programs and Features” in the next pop-up window and remove Scorpion Saver ad, if any.
- Click Start menu to bring up Control Panel.
- Access “Add/Remove a Program” in the next pop-up window and remove Scorpion Saver ad, if any.
- Open “System Preferences” from the Apple menu.
- Find Scorpion Saver ad in and delete it from Dock and Display respectively.
Step Two. Enable Popup blocker to block Scorpion Saver ad from popping up.
- Spread its Tools option to press on Web features button on the left hand side of the Options window.
- Select Scorpion Saver ad as the intended item to be blocked and press “OK” button to confirm the modification.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Spread its Tools window to select Options.
- On the next pop-up window, navigate to Privacy tab to locate pop-up Blocker section at the bottom of the Privacy tab and check “Block pop-ups” option to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Spread its tool menu and choose Options.
- On the next pop-up window, click on “Under the Hood” tab to press on “Content Settings”.
- Then choose “Pop-ups” on the left pane and access “Exceptions” on the right pane to make sure that Scorpion Saver ad is in the wanted list.
- Finally, press “OK” button for the modification.
- Spread Opera’s menu on the left top of the browser and point the mouse to “settings” option.
- Select “Preference” and navigate to General tab and locate “Pop-up” section there.
- Choose “Block Unwanted Pop-ups” and hit OK button to finish.
- Bring up “Preference” window contained in “Safari” option next to the Apple icon.Hit “Security” tab and check the box next to the option “Block pop-up windows”.
Step Three. Remove any indication of Scorpion Saver ad from Database.
- Navigate to Explorer Bars, Extensions respectively under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\Internet Explorer\to find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Navigate to Clients, ClientState and ClientStateMedium respectively under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Googleto find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Navigate to ClientState under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Updateto find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Navigate to Common under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\to find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Navigate to Extensions under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\Mozilla\ Firefoto find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPluginsto find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
- Navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Softwareto find and select related items, right click on selected item to remove Scorpion Saver ad.
Scorpion Saver can be quite at the very first beginning, but it will turn itself into a monster that ruin browsing experience totally according to the test implemented by Patricia Howard, one of the computer experts working in VilmaTech Online Suppport. Such adware like it will not be removed easily as it needs to stick to a computer and gain traffic. Thus manual way is recommended. If you don’t have sufficient computer knowledge, it is wise to get help from computer online experts.