What Is Attentive Antivirus
Attentive Antivirus is a virus that produced by spammers with a hijacked similar interface of other genuine anti-virus programs. Such fake anti-virus program is popularized by spam ads/sites for easy money generation.
Such program can be recognized as a virus easily if one takes a closer look at its size which is too small to function well the services it promises. Also, one should be vigilant when a string of threats are flagged since which is usually the acts of a fake anti-virus program that aims at threatening victims into purchasing its so called “full version” claimed to be effective in removing all the detected vicious items.
How Attentive Antivirus Spreads?
- With the heavy promotion on ads perfecting by attractive language, Attentive Antivirus is firstly considered to be computer-friendly application and be downloaded by PC users willingly.
- Trojan, the gear supports all the operation of Attentive Antivirus, attack sites with vulnerability.
- Attentive Antivirus piggybacks on some web applications to install itself when related program is downloaded.
- Trojan, the gear supports all the operation of Attentive Antivirus, fakes a message warning about update or the like to make PC users click to download the fake anti-virus program.
Dangers Posed by Attentive Antivirus
As a Trojan geared fake anti-virus program, Attentive Antivirus manages to open up a backdoor once it finishes the settlement. In other word, other infections are given a chance to implement infiltration on the same target computer. And the following problems will arise:
- Search result might be redirected or default homepage might be hijacked by some random browser malware.
- Computer becomes sluggish and would get stuck in the middle of computer operation.
- Unknown junks are installed onto the compromised computer without permission.
Obviously, Attentive Antivirus needs to be uninstalled as soon as possible, no matter it is for your computer health or information security. However, uninstalling Attentive Antivirus can be tough work as it manages to attach its copies to system items so that installed anti-virus program won’t be able to uninstall or even detect it. Therefore, manual method is required. But be sure that computer skills are available first. If you encounter additional problems caused by Attentive Antivirus that overwhelm you, you are welcome to contact VilmaTech Online Support for help.
How to Uninstall Attentive Antivirus Effectively
Step One. Running process of Attentive Antivirus should be terminated in the first place to avoid being hindered by error message telling failure is met because certain file is used at the moment.
Start screen > type 'Task' or 'Task Manager' > select ‘Process’ tab > find and select items associated with Attentive Antivirus > press ‘End’ to uninstall Attentive Antivirus.
Hold Ctrl, Alt and Delete combination key together > select ‘Process’ tab > find and select items associated with Attentive Antivirus > press ‘End Process’ to uninstall Attentive Antivirus.
Step Two. Go to Control Panel to see if you stand any chance to detect Attentive Antivirus there; if so, right click on it to select ‘Uninstall’.
Move mouse to bottom-right corner of your desktop > choose ‘Control Panel’ in the pop-up sidebar > "Programs and Features" > uninstall Attentive Antivirus there.
Start menu > select ‘Control Panel’ > choose ‘Uninstall Programs’ > uninstall Attentive Antivirus there.
Step Three. Show hidden files before finding out and removing any vicious items hidden by Attentive Antivirus in Drive C.
- Click on Windows Explorer application from Start Screen.
- Select View tab.
- Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from Start menu and search for ‘Folder Options’.
- Under View tab, tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
- Click ‘OK’.
Step Four. Reset all installed browsers (e.g. IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) to cleanse junk, if any, brought in by Attentive Antivirus.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools menu -> select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, click on the Advanced tab -> click on the Restore Defaults button -> press OK.
- Click on the Firefox button -> Help -> Troubleshooting information.
- Locate the box on the left uppers corner of the web page.
- Click on ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
- Choose ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu.
- Select ‘Options’.
- Click ‘Under the Hood’ tab.
- Click ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Step Five. Make rectifications in Database after finding items associated with Attentive Antivirus under HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows.
Move your mouse over lower right screen -> charms bar appears -> click Search charm -> type ‘regedit’/‘regedit.exe’ -> hit Enter key.
Press Win key and R key together -> type ‘regedit’ (without quotation) in the box -> hit Enter key.
Remember that any crap that left behind during the uninstall will help Attentive Antivirus to come back in a second. If you fail, check carefully on the compromised computer for anything that is suspicious. If you don’t know what the vicious items are, ask VilmaTech Online Support to help with identification and removal.