How Dangerous Is PUP.Optional.Conduit?
PUP.Optional.Conduit is a collective virus group that mainly triggers web issues. In the group, PUP.Optional.Conduit.A can be the most notorious. PUP.Optional.Conduit has so far detected by malwarebytes for some reason. PUP.Optional.Conduit virus is categorized as Trojan and belongs to a highly elusive type of virus as it mainly messes up on browsers, like Safari, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. According to the fig. attached on the left side, it is clear that PUP.Optional.Conduit is a fierce virus which makes modification to its satisfaction. There are some identifiable damages from PUP.Optional.Conduit, they are:
- Default homepage is hijacked by search.conduit.com or any random others.
- Web search and some unknown toolbars could be mounted onto the compromised computer without authorization.
- More and more multiple system running processes are seen on the background to consume limited CPU significantly.
- PUP.Optional.Conduit modifies registry entries to support mal-functioned browser for additional virus download and collected information transmission.
- PUP.Optional.Conduit binds its vicious codes onto system items and fake system items in other directories to confuse both victims and computers to make the whole machine under into control.
- PUP.Optional.Conduit manages to disable build-in secure services to some point where anti-virus programs are only able to detect it but not remove it.
Steps to Remove PUP.Optional.ConduitStep ⅠRun full scan with reputable anti-virus program again, try to remove any possible items.
Step ⅡShow hidden files and folders.
- Windows 8
- Windows 7/XP/Vista
When done, access the following directories and remove the given items.
Step Ⅲ Go to Regedit and manage database there.
- Windows 8
b. charms bar appears
c. click Search charm
d. type ‘regedit’/‘regedit.exe’ and hit Enter key
e. navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE＼SOFTWARE＼Microsoft＼Windows＼Curren Version, HKEY_CURRENT_USER＼Software＼Microsoft＼Windows＼CurrentVersion and HKEY_CURRENT_USER＼Software＼Microsoft＼Windows＼CurrentVersion＼Explorer＼Shell Folders Startup="C:＼windows＼start menu＼programs＼startup respectively; find suspicious key value started with “Run” and delete accordingly.
- Windows 7/XP/Vista
b. launch Run/ Search box
c. type ‘regedit’
d. hit Enter key
e. the same as the fifth point above.
PUP.Optional.Conduit has been raged for quite a while and it is easy to get. Usually, PUP.Optional.Conduit will piggybacks on some freeware and shareware since such programs are allures to wide range of PC users. Considering those programs are free and shared, secure defense is not tight enough to ward off deadly virus like PUP.Optional.Conduit. So be careful when surfing online. If unfortunately you are getting PUP.Optional.Conduit virus and can’t get rid of it, follow the above steps to help yourself. Should a situation be complicated by some unexpected issues due to delay in its removal, word to wise: get help from VilmaTech Online Support for a quick and thorough removal and retrieve a healthily running machine.
Reference: PUP.Optional.Conduit.A, Remove PUP Virus and Stop It Reappearing