|remove Coupon Blaster|
- Coupon blaster harassed computer
- The purpose of coupon blaster
- How Coupon blaster enters computer without permission?
- Any dangers from Coupon Blaster?
- The effective way to remove Coupon blaster
Troubles Caused by Coupon Blaster
- Ads from Coupon Blaster randomly popup to ruin surfing experience.
- Coupon Blaster slows down the speed in loading intended web pages.
- Some in-text messages are underlined with hyperlinks directing to Coupon Blaster.
- Additional web applications, especially browser hijacker can be expected.
Why Coupon Blaster Keeps Popping up?
It is obvious that Coupon Blaster tries to introduce commercials to PC users and promote businesses so as to get money from it. As an advertising platform, to stand out among thousands of its kind, hijacking browser is a quick way. In such way, Coupon Blaster could generate huge traffic within short period of time.
To gain more traffic, Coupon Blaster would bundle with other web applications such as v9.com. As a result, Coupon Blaster would convince that it is capable of helping online operators to promote products effectively and win businesses. When more businesses are done via the advertising platform and more operators pay for advertising, Coupon Blaster will get profitable income.
How to Prevent Items like Coupon Blaster?
As a web application that targets money, Coupon Blaster would bundle with as many more programs as possible, especially web applications. Drive-by download is the major way that Coupon Blaster adopts to propagate. Thus people should check for reputation before the installation and adopt “custom” installation method to installing a program onto a computer.
Is Coupon Blaster Dangerous?
Though Coupon Blaster is not technically a virus, which is the exact reason why Coupon Blaster cannot be removed automatically by security utilities. However, some traits would make the adware potentially dangerous.
Above of all, Coupon Blaster owns loose structure. With the only target – money – drives the operation of Coupon Blaster, the advertising platform will not painstakingly filter out some poorly optimized web sites and it will not deserve fine work when it was built. Thus bug is fully flared. Because of this, the adopted techniques can threatens computer security as soon as Coupon Blaster is capitalized by infections:
- BHO technique (to guarantee the automatic running of the adware) will help preload vicious codes into system configuration without being examined strictly.
- JS technique (to record online whereabouts so that its maker would get to know where to put ads and where is the place to get huge traffic) will be utilized to record any in-put information, especially log-in credentials to lead to identity theft and money loss.
- Backdoor program (to ensure that the recorded online whereabouts will be accessed by its maker and to further repair error if there’s any) will be taken advantage to allow unsolicited access from unknown third party, making the machine a host to help propagate Trojan or worms like Autorun.aa.
The Recommended Way to Remove Coupon Blaster
1. Reset browser settings.
Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults button > OK.
Firefox button > Help > Troubleshooting information > ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu > ‘Options’ > ‘Under the Hood’ > ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Show hidden files and folders (explicit instruction shown in Step3) > navigate to "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\" > remove Operapref.ini.
Safari menu > ‘Reset Safari’ > tick all given options > ‘Reset’ button.
2. Enable pop-up blocker to stop Coupon Blaster from popping up.
Tools > Options > Privacy tab > “Block pop-ups” > stop Coupon Blaster from popping up.
Tools > Options > Web features button > block Coupon Blaster from popping up.
Tool menu > Options > “Under the Hood” tab > “Content Settings” > “Pop-ups” > “Exceptions” > rule out Coupon Blaster popup.
Opera’s menu > “settings” > “Preference” > General tab > “Pop-up” > “Block Unwanted Pop-ups” > OK button.
“Safari” > “Preference”>“Security” tab > check “Block pop-up windows".
3. Remove all the Temp files under the following directories.
Click open ‘Control Panel’ > search for ‘Folder Options’ > tap View tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders' and non-tick 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’.
|show hidden files and folders on Windows7/XP/Vista|
Start screen > open any folder > open Windows Explorer > select View tab > Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
|show hidden files and folders on Windows8 to remove the items related to |
- navigate to the following directories and remove all the files and folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File
- remove the items generated on the day when Coupon Blaster firstly appears under the following listed items:
1. the below directories can be different on other system
2. to locate the related items, one should find out the ones were created on the day when Coupon Blaster was firstly detected.)
To show the date, one should:right click on the space of a window that is under inspection > select "Arrange by" > select "day")
show the creation date of the items related to Coupon Blaster
%Program Files%\Common Files\
Mac OS X
Finder > Utilities folder > terminal:
|access Mac's Terminal to remove the temp files generated by Coupon Blaster|
cd ~/Library/Logsand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/*
rm -rf ~/Library/Safari/Downloads.plistand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/*
To completely remove Coupon Blaster, one should also remove the additional related programs if any and seek the corresponding solution in virus reservoir. NOTE: depending on the Operating System installed, the images, directories displayed in this document might differ from what you observe when following these instructions on your computer. This is why certain level of computer skills and knowledge is required to carry out the above offered steps. Should you need specialized technical help, just start a live chat window here to contact VilmaTech Online Support.