Explanation of Symptoms of Dosearches.comDosearches.com, also called Do Search, is a stealthy redirect virus that employs Trojan tech and rootkit method to help hide its traces so that installed security utilities will not detect it as a virus. In other word, registry entries are modified deep down in the database. Because of this, dosearches.com redirect virus manages to survive from “reset” button on browsers (including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera).
Apart from that, dosearches.com is capable of opening up backdoor thanks to the modifications made in database. By doing so, dosearches.com redirect virus is able to obtain a large amount of money. You may wonder how.
You should always be clear that the aim for dosearches.com is not prejudicing a machine but money. Its tracing code would help it to collect information stored on the target machine. After putting the collected information in a hidden folder/ file, dosearches.com would start to transfer it through the backdoor to its remote server in an assistance of getting money by reselling the information to other spammers. The spam buyers can therefore save much energy to affect the target computer because they have mastered the basic condition of the infected computer.
That well explains why some victims would see additional problems on browsers like:
- Unauthorized additional installation of toolbar.
- More and more pop-up ads are coming up to irritate victims.
- Unknown junks are mounted onto the infected computer.
- CPU usage is consumed more and more significantly.
To remove dosearches.com redirect virus completely, one can feel free to follow the steps below. Be sure that computer technology is available, otherwise, undesired and unexpected consequences can occur. Know little about computers? Live chat with experts from VilmaTech Online Support here and your problems will be tackled down in a minute.
Step-by-step to Remove Dosearches.com Redirect Virus
Step oneRemove startup item of dosearches.com redirect virus.
- Hover mouse over the border of Start Screen
- Type “Task” on the search charm bar that appears to hit Enter key.
- Hit Startup tab.
- Search and select startup items of dosearches.com and click ‘Disable’.
- Hold Win key and R key together.
- Type ‘MSCONFIG’ on the pop-up window and hit Enter key.
- Check startup items of dosearches.com and click ‘Disable all’.
Step twoModify configurations back to normal on infected browser manually to remove dosearches.com redirect virus.
- Go to Tools.
- Select Internet option at the bottom of the drop down list.
- Select General tab to
- Empty out browse history.
- Select ‘Search’ section to ‘Manage Add-on’ window and heck ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and then ‘Search Providers.
- Locate ‘Tabs’ section to ‘Tabbed Browsing Settings’ and uncheck ‘Always switch to new tabs when they are created’ before pressing ‘OK’.
- Click on Tools menu.
- Enter Manage Add-ons.
- Modify settings under Extensions tab and Plugins tab respectively.
- Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Manage ‘Extension’.
- Remove all suspicious files under C: Windows and System32 to thoroughly remove dosearches.com redirect virus.
- Delete all executable files identical to systematic ones, such as svchost.exe and winlogon.exe in sub-directories under C: Windows.
Step fourModify database
Type ‘regedit’/‘regedit.exe’ on search charm bar and hit Enter key.
- Hold Win key and R key together to launch Search/Run box.
- Type ‘regedit’ and hit Enter key.
After enter into database, follow the steps below:
For IE users:
- navigate to Explorer Bars, Extensions respectively under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\Internet Explorer\to find and select items related to dosearches.com redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
For Google Chrome users:
- navigate to Clients, ClientState and ClientStateMedium respectively under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Googleto find and select items related to dosearches.com search redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
- navigate to ClientState under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Updateto find and select items related to dosearches.com redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
- navigate to Common under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\to find and select items related to dosearches.com redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
For Mozilla Firefox users:
- navigate to Extensions under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\Mozilla\ Firefoxto find and select items related to dosearches.com redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
- navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\MozillaPluginsto find and select items related to dosearches.com redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
- navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPluginsto find and select items related to dosearches.com redirect virus and then right click on selected item to delete it.
All instructions only guarantee a thorough removal. To remove dosearches.com redirect virus permanently means to not being affected by the same virus again. To do so, one should always follow good PC practice. Besides, one should know that dosearches.com can survive from the above feasible steps as long as there’s any vicious crap left in the system. Check out the computer inside out and help yourself to get out of the trouble. If you encounter any troubles or unpredictable issues, you are welcome to contact VilmaTech Online Support for efficient solution according to the concrete situation.