Property: Popup virus
Target browsers: Safari, Opera, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
- Ruin surfing experience;
- Introduce in additional web apps without permission;
- Slow down overall browser operation speed;
- Some websites cannot be opened because of dfo.donemace.net popup virus.
- Piggyback on freeware/shareware.
- Collaborate with spam toolbar or search redirect virus.
- Exploit vulnerable web sites.
Is Dfo.donemace.net Pop-up Virus Dangerous?
Such program that modifies configurations to arouse browser chaos without authorization is definitely dangerous. Behind the appearance of a popup ad, dfo.donemace.net manages to do make arbitrary modifications in the kernel part of the system without being interfered by installed anti-virus programs due to the adoption of advanced covering method – by binding its vicious components to system items or the items generated by dfo.donemace.net to resemble the system ones, build-in security programs will be confused.
In such case, manual method is recommended to remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus, leading to a complete and thorough removal to eradicate any possibility for dfo.donemace.net popup virus to come back just due to some negligible leftovers/ remnants. Follow the steps below to help yourself remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus. But be careful when going through the steps that referencing the kernel part of the machine since slight mistake would arouse system failure. If you don’t know much about computers, you’d better consult experts from VilmaTech Online Support for steps-by-step guidance.
Manual Steps to Remove Popup Ad from Browsers
End the running process of dfo.donemace.net popup virus.
- Hold Ctrl, Alt and Delete key combination together to select “Task Manager” and hit Enter key.
- Hit Process tab on “Task Manager”‘s window.
- Tick the box next to items related to dfo.donemace.net popup virus then hit ‘End’ to remove all the selected.
- Use Ctrl, Alt and Delete key combination to bring up Task Manager window.
- Navigate to Process tab and check the box next to items related to dfo.donemace.net popup virus then hit ‘End Process’ to remove all the selected.
- Hold and press Command, Option and Esc key combination to bring up Force Quit window.
- Click once on dfo.donemace.net popup virus and hit “Force Quit” button to end the intended process.
Reset browser to remove dfo.donemace.net pop up virus.
- Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab.
- Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
- Click on the Firefox button.
- Point the mouse to Help and select Troubleshooting information in the drop down list.
- Locate a box containing ‘Reset Firefox’ button on the left uppers corner of the web page.
- Choose ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu.
- Select ‘Options’.
- Click ‘Under the Hood’ tab on ‘Options’ window.
- Click ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
- Go to Safari menu next to the Apple icon.
- Choose ‘Reset Safari’.
- Tick all given options.
- Press ‘Reset’ to confirm the change.
- Show hidden files and folders (explicit instruction on this is shown below) and tick “Show hidden files, folders and drives” under “hidden files and folders” option.
- Close Opera and navigate to “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\”.
- Remove Operapref.ini file there.
Manually modify browser settings to further remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus.
- Click on the Tools menu at the left top of the Firefox window.
- Select “Manage Add-ons” option.
- Remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus under Extensions tab and Plugins tab respectively.
- Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon and select ‘Settings’.
- Remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus from ‘Extension’.
- Click open Tools menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- Find and click on something useless including dfo.donemace.net popup virus in ‘Toolbars and Extensions’, ‘Search Providers’ respectively.
- Click ‘Disable’/ ‘Remove’ to remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus.
- Open up Opera then press and hold Alt+P key at once to initiate a new tab to modify.
- Locate “Search” section and remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus from “manage search engine” option.
- Browse to Privacy and Safety on the left pane to locate “Cookie” which is on the right pane.
- Click on “all cookies and website data” button there to remove all cookies as recommended.
Launch build-in popup blocker to stop dfo.donemace.net from popping up.
- Open Mozilla Firefox to click on Tools option.
- Click the Web features button on the left hand side of the Options window.
- c. Select dfo.donemace.net popup virus as the intended item to be blocked.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and bring up Tools window.
- Click Options and the Privacy tab follows.
- Locate pop-up Blocker section at the bottom of the Privacy tab to check “Block pop-ups” option to remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus.
- Use Google Toolbar that includes a free popup blocker to block dfo.donemace.net popup virus.
- Bring up “Preference” window contained in “Safari” option next to the Apple icon.
- Hit “Security” tab and check the box next to the option “Block pop-up windows”.
- Click on Opera icon on the left top of the browser.
- Point the mouse to “settings” option and select “Preference”.
- Navigate to General tab and locate “Pop-up” section there.
- Choose “Block Unwanted Pop-ups” and hit OK button to finish.
Show hidden files and folders before find out and delete any item associated with dfo.donemace.net in Drive C.
- Open Windows Explorer on the Start Screen.
- Select View tab on Windows Explorer window.
- Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from Start menu and search for ‘Folder Options’.
- Under View tab to tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ and then click ‘OK’.
- Open Finder to find and bring up Utilities folder.
- Initiate a terminal window to copy and paste the line there.
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- Press return button to hold ‘alt’ on the keyboard and right click on the Finder icon.
- Click on Relaunch button.
- Once the action to remove items generated by dfo.donemace.net popup virus in C: Windows is done, follow the same process to replace the above line with
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
Remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus from database.
- Navigate to Explorer Bars, Extensions respectively under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\Internet Explorer\to find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net popup virus and right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to Clients, ClientState and ClientStateMedium respectively under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Googleto find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net popup virus, then right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to ClientState under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Updateto find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net, right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to Common under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\to find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net, right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to Extensions under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\Mozilla\ Firefoxto find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net, right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Microsoft\MozillaPluginsto find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net, right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPluginsto find and select items related to dfo.donemace.net, right click on selected item to delete it.
- Navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Softwareto find and select items generated by dfo.donemace.net and then right click on selected item to delete it.
Some websites still refuse to open up? You may still check your resource code or other vicious items that you might have left behind. Be noted that different version of OS carries different directories. If you cannot find the according place to remove dfo.donemace.net popup virus, you are welcome to ask experts of VilmaTech Online Support for solution exclusively for your concrete situation.