‘An intruder named News.Net has suddenly popped up on my machine. It appears in start-up and opens a window with supposed news headlines from around the world.
There is no remove option in the Windows 8 control panel but I have disabled it in start-up; it remains to seen if this works. Malawarebytes does not detect it.
It carries advertising and definitely looks suspicious. I want it off my system.’- quote from one of its victims.
Symptoms of Getting News.net Program
- News.net tool bars are added to browsers (e.g. IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome).
- News.net will popup on the screen and will not go away.
- Additional ads from other URLs are caught to occur.
- Error message pops up when uninstalling news.net program from control panel.
How to Uninstall News.net Program?
- Remove news.net from the Extensions in browser setting.
- Uninstall news.net program using the control panel.
- Disable news.net start up items in Startup process.
- Run anti-virus programs.
All these listed above have been proved to be no avail since they still are unable to help get its toolbar of the screen though everything seems to be clean in settings. News.net can be up to no good because it installs itself without consent. What’s more, it is difficult to be uninstalled and triggers additional adwares, which can be considered to be suspicious. Actually, such pushy program is highly recommended to be uninstalled as soon as possible since only modification made deep in a system can ensure certain program from being removed easily, which is why Windows build-in programs are not able to be removed as any other downloaded programs. Such random changes to kernel part of a system can be dangerous since vulnerability would form and become readily to be exploited by other deadly virus. Take the fact that anti-virus programs will not help with its uninstall into consideration, it is advisable to uninstall news.net program manually.
Steps to Uninstall News.net Program
One: Reset browser to uninstall news.net program.
For Internet Explorer users
- Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
- Choose Advanced tab in the Internet Options window.
- Click on Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
For Firefox users
- Click on the Firefox button
- Select Help
- Choose Troubleshooting information.
- Hit ‘Reset Firefox’ button on the left uppers corner of the web page.
For Google Chrome users
- Click on ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu.
- Select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Under the Hood’ tab on ‘Options’ window.
- Press ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Two: Set browser configuration manually to uninstall news.net program.
For Firefox users
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Go to Manage Add-ons.
- Re-set configurations respectively in Extensions tab and Plugins tab to make sure that no items related to news.net exists.
- Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Manage ‘Extension’.
- Hit Tools.
- Manage settings in ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- Find and click on something useless including news.net program in ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ as well as ‘Search Providers’ respectively.
- Click ‘Disable’/ ‘Remove’ to uninstall news.net program.
Three: Enable build-in popup blocker to stop news.net from popping up.
For Mozilla Firefox users
- Click on Tools.
- Choose Options.
- Select Web features button on the left hand side of the Options window.
- Hit Tools.
- Choose Options.
- Select Privacy tab.
- Locate pop-up Blocker section at the bottom of the Privacy tab.
- Check "Block pop-ups" option to stop news.net from popping up.
- Enable the free popup blocker on Google Toolbar.
Four: Show hidden files and folders and remove any item associated with news.net program in C Disk.
For Windows 8 users
- Open Windows Explorer by clicking on Windows Explorer application from Start Screen.
- Go to View tab on Windows Explorer window.
- Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
- Press ‘OK’ to save change.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from Start menu and search for ‘Folder Options’.
- Under View tab to tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ and then click ‘OK’.
Five: Empty out all Temp folders in under System32
- Right click on Temp folder under System 32 in C Disk.
- When a drop down list shows, press Shift and D key together.
- A box comes up for confirmation.
- Press Enter key.
- Restart the infected computer.
The solution provided here is believed to be applicable to almost all situations if one doesn’t have additional vicious items. Don’t be afraid when such thing like news.net happens. There is always solution to computer problems. If you are overwhelmed by error message, you are welcome to consult the online PC professionals here, your problem will be solved in a minute.