‘Problem: A random ad will open in a new tab in my chrome browser without warning. It links to sites like casino.com and vube.com, but right before it opens, it opens a site with URL: http://7.rotator.wig...9059&kw=&click=’
‘I have exactly the same problem. Caught it a few days ago, probably while roaming the internet. I ran various scanners to no avail. The "7 dot rotator dot wigetmedia dot com" address pop-ups at around 4:30 pm (Eastern time) if Chrome is opened at that time. If not opened, it pop-ups when opening Chrome. Today, I installed Firefox and let it running, while Chrome was closed. Firefox got the "call" from that address. In Windows' Task scheduler, it is GoogleUpdate.exe that is scheduled at around that time.’
We are in hope that after reading the above two reports, PC users are able to gain a specific perspective on what it is like to be plagued by 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com.
Stubborn 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com Redirector
We are taught to solve problems ourselves at the very beginning, and here’s the list of the methods victims took in an attempt to exterminate 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com redirect problem:
- Run well-known anti-virus programs with clean results every time;
- Uninstall and reinstall infected browser with 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com hovers around;
- Remove plug-ins without deleting one or two items that seem to correlate to 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com;
Immediacy to Eradicate 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com Virus
- By inserting its vicious registry entries, 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com will not be terminated easily and keep playing on your compromised computer;
- If victims do not stop 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com timely, vulnerability will come into shape, staying ready to be exploited by deadly virus like Windows Live Essentials;
- 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com redirect virus manages to track down your whereabouts so as to gain your preference on purpose of helping more landings of adware, by doing so a large sum of money can be generated.
- 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com redirect problem results in an overall sluggish PC performance;
- 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com virus will ruin your quick browsing experience;
- 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com may trigger error messages blocking you from making things right by modifying configuration on your own.
Instructions on How to Remove 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com Redirect Virus
Step one – Disable 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com’s startup item by using in-built utility.
A. if you are running Windows 7/XP/Vista:
1. Start Menu -> Select ‘Run’ -> type ‘MSCONFIG’ -> System Configuration Pops up
2. Manages start up items under Startup tab.
B. if you are running Windows 8:
1. Type 'Task' or 'Task Manager' on Start screen -> select Task Manager.
2. Under Startup tab, find 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com’s startup item and disable it.
Step two – Show hidden files relatedto 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com.
A. for Windows 7/XP/Vista users
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from Start menu -> search for ‘Folder Options’.
- Under View tab, tick ‘Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ -> click ‘OK’.
B. for Windows 8 users
- open Windows Explorer.
- Select View tab on Windows Explorer window.
- Tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options.
Step three – Manually change browser settings (follow the pictures below)
Take Firefox for example:
(modification should be made under Extensions tab and Plugins tab respectively)
Step four – Go to the Registry Editor to delete entries related to 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com.
If you fail after finishing the steps or you are blocked by unexpected problems in the middle of removing 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com, you are free to contact VilmaTech online support, their generosity in offering help will help you out of the harassment of 7.rotator.wigetmedia.com popup ad in a minute.