Property: Immediatesupport.com is categorized as PUP.
What it does:
- Pops up random ads.
- Hijacks browser.
- Intercepts traffic and directs traffic to the co-operators for money.
How it spreads:
- Piggybacks on advertising platforms.
- Bundles with third-party programs that need aggressive advertising.
- Uses JS computing technique to hook any computer connected.
Immediatesupport.com controlled machine:
- Page-loading speed is slowed down.
- PC performance is deteriorated with highly consumed CPU.
- Installed plug-in/extensions crash from time to time.
- Additional web applications/programs would installed without permission or knowledge.
Reasons to remove the PUP:
- Apart from the unpleasant scenarios incurred by immediatesupport.com, some potential dangers should raise alarm.
- The relentless popup ads would keep the background processes regarding browsers busy to break down compactness, leaving loophole for virus.
- JS and BHO computing technique are always adopted by web applications; as soon as the immediatesupport.com controlled machine is attacked by virus, the two techniques will be utilized to record in-put information and pre-load vicious codes into system configuration.
- To return the favor that the third-party program helps to spread immediatesupport.com, the PUP would load down the programs during its set up session, which could take up the limited resource.
Get the Thread to Remove and Stop Immediatesupport.com
Due to the variety of OS available out there and the number of computer enthusiasts keeps growing, it is impossible to give the specific items to remove as the name and the number of files can be different. Therefore, removal thread is offered here. Combine your computer knowledge and skill and you'll find the responsible ones on your system. Plus, remember to remove the dropped down items after the complete removal of immediatesupport.com.
A. Reset browsers.
Internet Explorer: Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults button > OK.
Mozilla Firefox: Firefox button > Help > Troubleshooting information > ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
Google Chrome:‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu > ‘Options’ > ‘Under the Hood’ > ‘Reset to Defaults’ button.
Opera: Show hidden files and folders (see Step C) > navigate to "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\" > remove Operapref.ini.
Safari: Safari menu > ‘Reset Safari’ > tick all given options > ‘Reset’ button.
B. Access Task Manager to remove the items with the path directing to immediatesupport.com.
Ctrl+Alt+Del/Ctrl+Shift+Esc > access Task Manager > View > select columns > tick "PID" and "Path name" > go to open up System Information > end the process with path name directing to immediatesupport.com's path or the path that doesn't belong to system.
Mac OS X
Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor > click open the suspected processes > "Open ports and files" > end the process with path name directing to immediatesupport.com's path.
C. Show hidden files and folders.
‘Control Panel’ > 'user accounts and family safety' > 'Folder Options’ > View tab > tick ‘Show hidden files and folders' and non-tick 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ > ‘OK’.
Start screen > Windows Explorer > View tab > tick ‘File name extensions’ and ‘Hidden items’ options > OK button.
a.when done, remove the given items:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File
b. navigate to the following directories and remove the items generated on and after the date on and after immediatesupport.com was firstly detected:
Mac OS X
Finder > Utilities folder > Terminal > copy and paste "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" > return key > copy and paste the "killall Finder" > return key.
a. remove temp files and folders:
Finder > Utilities folder > terminal:
- typecd ~/Library/Logsand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/*
- typerm -rf ~/Library/Safari/Downloads.plistand press Return button.
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/*
b. access the following locations to remove the items generated on and after the date on and after immediatesupport.com was firstly detected:
Home folder/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
Other Related Posts
Supra Savings Produces Relentless Popup Ads, How to Get Rid of Them?
Get Rid of Ad.helpertrack.com Nuisance, Manual Thread